Rose Gold Hues : Makeup Revolution London Iconic-3 Redemption Palette // Urban Decay Naked 3 Dupe

Given that the online sales for makeup are in full glory because of Valentine’s day :eyeroll: I decided to share my views on this rosy hued palette with you. I mean, everyone is click-baiting Valentine ’s Day by creating all pink makeup looks, so why shouldn’t I do the same? If you don’t already know, the Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette was bought by me in 2014 (I love cool toned shadows as much as warm toned ones!) and it is worth checking out, especially when you can get it for lesser than the stipulated MRP. I got it for Rs.567 (55% Off). 

Makeup Revolution London Iconic-3 Redemption Palette Review Price Ingredients India

The Iconic 3 palette is supposedly a dupe of the Naked 3, a rosy toned nude palette. It contains 3 matte and 9 shimmery/metallic shades.
All shades of this Makeup Revolution Iconic-3 palette have a very smooth texture and are easy to apply. The mattes in this palette are particularly outstanding. Just like the shimmer & metallic shades in the palette, they are smooth to apply. The mattes are much easier to work with than those in the Sleek Oh So Special Palette. They do kick up some powder though. I use this palette either with a primer like the NYX HD Base or a regular makeup primer. I absolutely need to use a primer with any eye shadow or it blends away.

Shades :

The first half of the palette has light shades. I use them mostly for brow highlighting, like shade 1. I don’t get much use out of shades 2 & 3.

Shades 1-6 from left to right
Makeup Revolution London Iconic-3 Redemption Palette Review Price Ingredients India

 Shade 4 is a light pink, but it can be used in the crease if you’re fairer skin toned or if you use a light eye shadow base. I have used it in the crease many times although I’m not fair skinned.
 Shade 5 is a shimmery pink & is a very pretty all over the lid shade for me, I can also use it in the inner corner.
 Shade 6 is a pretty shimmery rose gold shade but unfortunately it looks patchy on my lids, however it looks very nice on my sister’s lids. I don’t know why this happens, I faced the same issue with another Makeup Revolution palette.

The second half of the palette has mostly cool toned brown shades which I absolutely love. They look very nice on my eye lids.

 Shade 7 is a rosey-taupe color which is a pretty color for the crease, I want to buy a shade like this separately. You will notice the rosiness as you start to blend it out.
Shade 8 is a metallic brown-beige that has weak pigmentation so its suitable for fairer skintones. I like to use it for my inner corners.


Shades 7-12 from left to right
Makeup Revolution London Iconic-3 Redemption Palette Review Price Ingredients India

Shade 9 is a metallic warm toned brown which makes a nice all over lid color or even an outer V shade.
 Shade 10 is a shimmery taupe, another good lid color. I have used this in the crease too sometimes.
Shade 11 is a satin pinky-taupe color (darker than shade 7), it looks matte in the pics but it has a shiny finish. This is a good color for the outer V, especially if you are going for just a matte eye shadow look.
I absolutely love shade 12, it’s a black color with burgundy-brown shimmer. It kicks up quite a bit of powder in the pan. It’s my go-to shade for smoking out my entire eye look. The shimmer isn’t very visible on my lids when I use this shade just on the outer V.

Its safe to say that you can create 2-3 looks using the Makeup Revolution Iconic-3 palette alone if you’re around my skin tone {NC42 in MAC} and if you’re fairer the options are more. This is one look I created using as many colors as I could from the palette. Worn over NYX HD Eye Shadow Base

Makeup Revolution London Iconic-3 Redemption Palette Review Price Ingredients India

Makeup Revolution London Iconic-3 Redemption Palette Review Price Ingredients India


Makeup Revolution London Iconic-3 Redemption Palette Review Price Ingredients India

Makeup Revolution London Iconic-3 Redemption Palette Review Price Ingredients India

Product vs Price :
Cost : Rs. 1050/$15.5 (available for cheaper)
Qty : 14g / 0.49oz
Shelf Life : 12 months
Availability : Nykaa | Amazon | Jabong | Flipkart

Overall Verdict : 4.5/5
Given that they Pantone color of the year is a wearable Rose Quartz, the Iconic 3 palette is a good place to start! I really like the selection of shades, although they won’t suit every skin tone, if they suit you, you will surely love it ! A lot of palettes mess up in the matte eye shadows but Makeup Revolution got it right. All the shades and textures are smooth and easy to work with. Highly Recommended! I wouldn’t buy 3 palettes from this range if they weren’t such good quality.