Review : The Nivea In Shower Body Milk Skin Conditioner for Dry Skin

Today I’m going to be talking about one of my favorite winter body care products. My skin gets really dry during winter, especially my legs. To top it off, I don’t have time to moisturize them every day when I have to go to work, so they get dryer each day. I actually don’t like applying thick body lotions on a day to day basis, I like the ones that have a really thin texture, like The Body Shop Moringa Milk and the Parachute Summer Refresh lotion. However, these thin textured lotions are not sufficient to hydrate my skin during winters. So I purchased the Nivea In Shower Body Milk Skin Conditioner hoping it would be a solution to this problem. I got the dry skin variant because I have dry skin.

Nivea In Shower Body Milk Skin Conditioner Dry Skin Review Price Ingredients India

How I use it :
Its basically a conditioner for your body. The way it’s supposed to be used is exactly like how you would use a conditioner – first wash your body thoroughly with a cleanser, apply this to your body, leave it for 3 minutes & then wash off. Its sticks to the body pretty well so you need to use extra pressure to remove it completely but I believe you shouldn’t completely remove the product from your body. I don’t wash it off completely, the product is still on my body and that helps it keep my skin hydrated for at least 6-8 hours or more, depending on how many times I wash my skin and how well it is covered.

Because I let most of the Nivea In Shower Body Milk sit on my body rather than washing off, it feels a tad sticky, but that feeling wears off with time. I like this technique of moisturizing my body much more than I like applying lotion as it does not feel thick, its very light weight once its on my body. It claims not to stick to towel but the way I use it, its smell definitely transfers to my towel and I believe that the product transfers as well. Nivea warns us that our bathroom floor can get slippery due to using this, I haven’t experienced this yet (thankfully) probably because the tiles in my bathroom are textured rather than smooth.

I know it takes the same amount of time or probably lesser to apply body lotion on my hands and legs but when I use Nivea In Shower Body Milk, I can moisturize my entire body quicker – our back & butt get dry too. So that’s a plus for me. This product alone will not get rid of dry patches, however its something you can use as an additional step to help you get rid of those unwanted patches on your body quicker. I use this conditioner almost everyday. On weekends I use a shower oil (by Neutrogena) post-bath followed by a thick body butter at night. This helps keep my skin hydrated and smooth. If I miss even a single of these steps, my skin is back to being dry & scaly ! The reason I use an oil & butter during the weekends is because alone, using the Nivea In Shower Body Milk 7 days a week is not enough to get rid of dry skin. Mind you, even using a lotion 7 days a week is sometimes not sufficient to keep dry skin at bay, it needs to be topped off with body butter & oils sometimes.

The texture of the Nivea In Shower Body Milk is quite different, it immediately locks on to your skin as you spread it across your body. Its medium-thick in consistency & runny. If you’ve used Nivea shower creams before, like the Crème Care or Crème soft, this feels similar to them, only that they ability to hydrate your skin is much more magnified in the In Shower Body Milk. The mouth of the product gets very messy with time, this is an unfortunate case with most bath products. Nivea has said that the In Shower Body Milk can be used for shaving as well but I tried this once and I did not like it. You can see the products I like to use for shaving here.

Nivea In Shower Body Milk Skin Conditioner Dry Skin Review Price Ingredients India
Ingredients

Nivea In Shower Body Milk Skin Conditioner Dry Skin Review Price Ingredients India


Product vs Price :
Cost : Rs.250 / $3.7
Qty : 250ml / 8.45
Availability : Nykaa | Amazon

It is also available in a variant for Normal Skin type.

Overall Verdict : 5/5

I won’t rate the Nivea In Shower Body Milk Skin Conditioner as a must have for everybody, but if you have dry skin and are lazy about lotions like me, you need this in your life. In a single step you can moisturize your entire body while bathing, without worrying about following up with lotions during the day.