Review : Kryolan 'DREDB' Derma Color Camouflage Creme / Green Color Corrector

I don’t know how I did my makeup before I started using color correctors !! I use an orange color corrector almost every day in my under eye region & around my mouth. A while back I felt the need for a green corrector. One thing about my skin is that my nose gets red easily, I have no clue why ! Before putting on makeup, I cleanse & tone my face and after this step, sometimes I find the center of my face slightly redder as well. Even Color Correcting creams like the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream aren’t able to help me hid the redness and therefore I decided to tackle the problem by buying a green corrector.

Kryolan DREDB Derma Color Camouflage Creme Green Color Corrector Review in India

Here I’d like to point out that not all redness can be color corrected by a green corrector. It depends on your skintone & undertone. I’ve seen Lisa Eldridge use a yellow corrector on a girl having reddish skin due to acne. I took a chance by going for a green color, after all, green & red are opposites on the color wheel.

For me, DREDB or the darker of the 2 green color correctors from the Kryolan Derma Color range works nicely. I dab it on my nose and blend it out. It looks milky green after blending out. Then I just pat foundation over it. I also like to use this on the sides of my nose & on any red bumps/spots or blemishes. I know that using a green color can seem weird and you may think it will give your skin a grey cast, but I have experienced nothing of the sort ! If you also have frequent redness on your skin, I encourage you to try out this kind of a corrector.

When I use DREDB on my nose, I like to pat it on with my fingers directly and if I need to use it on any blemishes, my favorite brush for this purpose is either the eye liner brush that came with the Maybelline Gel Liner or the Zoeva 230 Luxe Pencil Brush. I’m partial to the Zoeva 230 brush for this purpose because I think that it is really great for buffing the product in my skin.

Kryolan Derma Color Camouflage Cremes are cream based base products, that are suitable for most skin types although they might not be the best fit for dry skin! regarding wear-time, I wear this product underneath foundation/concealer and it lasts a good amount of time on my skin. I think it wears off sooner from my nose because it tends to get oily.

Kryolan DREDB Derma Color Camouflage Creme Green Color Corrector Review in India

Kryolan DREDB Derma Color Camouflage Creme Green Color Corrector Review in India

Kryolan DREDB Derma Color Camouflage Creme Green Color Corrector Review in India

Product vs Price :
Cost : Rs.350 / $5
Qty : 4g/ 0.14oz
Its also available in a bigger size, but unless you are a makeup artist, the small size is sufficient for you
Availability : Only at Kryolan stores & Beauty Centres. I have seen Kryolan products at Flipkart sometimes but they sell out sooon.

Overall Verdict : 5/5

I think that maybe because I have been using the Kryolan Derma Color Camouflage Cremes for a long time, I find them easy to use & manipulate. There’s definitely a learning curve with this range. But if you’re in need of a green corrector, DREDB is a very effective color corrector and comes at a price that doesn’t pinch the  pocket ! Highly recommended =)