Purple Lipstick from the drugstore : Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless

I was looking through my YouTube feed and all YouTube-gurus had come up with Valentine's day looks revolving around pink – pink eye shadow, pink blush, pink lipstick. I was like, what ? No ! How boring, uninspiring & un-original. Are you really gonna be wearing pink eye shadow and pink lipstick ?!? And why is there this pressure for Valentine ’s Day to be about wearing pink? Last I checked, the universal color for love is RED. Anyways, this trend compelled me to bring something unique to your feed– A purple lipstick.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless Review Lip Swatches Online India

If you’ve read any lipstick review  on this blog, you will know how much I love the Revlon Matte balm formula and I can’t stop talking about it in any lipstick post. It is the benchmark for comparison. I bought the shade “Shameless” from the same range because I’ve always wanted to try a purple lipstick. I have already reviewed the shade Sultry here.

COLOR vs. SKIN TONE ~ “Shameless” is a purple shade and is said to be a dupe of MAC’s Heroine lipstick. On the lips, its color changes depending on lip pigmentation. Therefore in reviews you will notice it looks pinker on those who don’t have pigmented lips and darker on those who have pigmented lips. This can lead to the lipstick color looking uneven on your lips if say, your upper lip is darker than your lower lip.

I’m never able to wear the “Shameless” shade alone. It’s a very blue based purple that doesn’t suit my skin tone. I have seen it suit and look great on a lot of skintones and I was surprised when it clashed with mine ! I especially liked how it looked on Kaushal Beauty & her skin has strong yellow undertones. Therefore I’m super confused about why it doesn't suit me.

Anyways, I’m always mixing it up with other lipsticks to make it look good on me. I love mixing it up with light pinks like Mad About Mauve from Revlon, Pink Temptation from Colorbar and Tender Berry from L’Oreal. I prefer mixing it up with matte lipsticks like the Colorbar & L’Oreal ones.

TEXTURE ~ very smooth, glides on easily on the lips. I will advise to exfoliate lips before use as it is a matte lipstick and it will emphasize dry ness. I like using a lip balm like the EOS sphere lipbalm to prep my lips before I wear matte lipsticks. See a detailed review on the texture & durability of the Revlon Matte Balms here. Even though I mix Shameless with other lipsticks, it lasts for a long time on my lips as it is a darker color.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless Review Lip Swatches Online India

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless Review Lip Swatches Online India

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless Review Lip Swatches Online India

One swipe of the Shameless lipstick, I need two swipes for an even coverage on my lips
Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless Review Lip Swatches Online India


Product vs Price
Cost : Rs. 890 / $13
Qty : 2.7 g / 0.09 oz
AvailabilityNykaa | Jabong | Flipkart
Yes, this is a very pricey lipstick from the drugstore, I recommend purchasing it during sale. See swatches of all shades from Matte Balm range here.

Overall Verdict : 4/5
While the shade Shameless does not suit me and is not the best option for ladies with pigmented lips, its one of the few lipsticks in the drugstore that is a true purple in color and can be mixed with pinker shades to suit your skintone. If you want to try out a purple shade, go for it ! 

So, do you think you can wear it on Valentine's Day ?!? I will !