Why I've been loving The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink !!

So, do you remember my The Body Shop haul that was a gift from me to myself, for International Women’s Day? I decided to try out some products that were otherwise pricier & have been on my wish list for a while. One of the things (and the only makeup product) I purchased was the Lip & Cheek stain in the shade Rose Pink (01). These lip & cheek stains are available in 3 shades and Rose Pink is the only one that doesn't have any glitter, the glitter in the other two are OTT. Let me tell you right away that I have been so addicted to this stain ever since I started using it back in March.

The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink (01) Review Swatches Price and How to Use

My experience with The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain Rose Pink (01)

PACKAGING ~ It comes in the kind of tube a lip gloss comes in. I wish it had a brush instead of a sponge tipped doe foot applicator though; a brush is more hygienic because its easier to clean. The tube is the same size as a lip gloss tube as well. Another thing that bugs me is that the stain, which is very runny, easily gets all over applicator and the inside of the lid, especially when the tube is kept horizontal.

COLOR vs. SKIN TONE ~Rose Pink is a very deep pink color in the tube. However, it is sheer when blended into the skin, and looks just like a neutral rosy pink shade. If you apply too much of it, it will make your cheeks like they are punched :P The color will look good on all skin tones as it can be applied to look very sheer and very deep easily.

on the left: one swipe, on the right: one swipe blended out
The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink (01) Review Swatches Price and How to Use

COLOR vs. STYLE ~ The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain is great for natural looks. When the right amount is applied, it looks beautifully natural on the cheeks, and mimics what my cheeks look like when post exercise! On the lips, after two sheer layers it still looks quite natural. I very have pigmented lips and this isn’t the best product to use for my kind of lips.

APPLICATION & AFTER ~ The Rose Pink Lip & Cheek Stain is very pigmented and easy to use, I definitely recommend it to beginners. I use the applicator in 3 ways; either I directly dot my cheeks with the sponge tip or I use my fingers to transfer the product from the body of the applicator to my cheeks. The consistency is very watery so the product easily gets all over the applicator and I recommend cleaning up the sides (or making use of the product there!) &  the mouth of the tube frequently.

The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink (01) Review Swatches Price and How to Use

 For a month or so I applied it using the latter technique only, then I tried it on my lips a couple of times and realized that I prefer using it for cheeks only, so I switched to the former technique (i.e. using the sponge tip directly on my cheeks). This stain really stains your fingers and dries moderately fast, once you dot it on your cheeks you have a couple of seconds to blend it out. I usually apply 4 dots to each cheek and blend it out, I do this 2-3 times on each cheek till I get a good flush of color!

PRODUCT vs. DURABILITY ~ The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink lasts for a really long time, I’ve worn it for straight 8 hours & it only slightly faded by then. If you apply more layers the color will last longer. For 2-3 layers, nearly 8 hrs weartime is pretty good IMO!


PRODUCT vs. PRICE ~ The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain retails for Rs.850($13.6) for 8ml(0.27oz) which is pricey, however, The Body Shop website runs sales frequently so you can get it for cheaper online or even at the store during the sale period. Another thing is, you need a small quantity of it when used as a blush or a lip stain, so it will last you a long time. The Lip & Cheek Stain is available in one more color Coral(03) on the website but it has a lot of obvious glitter.

REMOVAL ~ I need a makeup remover to completely clean it off from the cheeks. I don’t apply more than two sheer layers on my lips and that easily comes off.

The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in Rose Pink (01) Review Swatches Price and How to Use


Overall verdict: 5/5 
I really love The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain in the shade Rose Pink, I definitely recommend it to everyone, even beginners will enjoy using it. Its very easy to use & lasts for a long time, making it pretty much perfect for everyday wear to office and even summer season.