Review & Swatches: The Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation / Best Drugstore Foundation ?

The Maybelline Fit Me range finally launched in India a few months ago. To the collective relief of all, it was priced pretty well and suited even the stringiest budgets. I wasn’t able to buy much from the collection because the concealer & blush shades were too light but fortunately, there were more shade options in the Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation range.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Review & Swatches Best Drugstore Foundation in India

The shades available in India : 115 Ivory, 128 Warm Nude, 230 Natural Buff, 310 Sun Beige, 322 Warm Honey, 330 Toffee

I got myself two shades - 310 & 330. 330 is the darkest shade. There’s a shade between 310 & 330 that is 322, but I felt it’s a bit warmer than my skin. 322 was also making my skin look a bit unhealthy & I was worried that it would look even worse if the foundation happened to oxidize. Therefore I decided to buy 2 shades, this way I could mix them up to make a perfect shade for me and also I could use them to make custom shades for friends (I sometimes do makeup on my friends & sister, its very relaxing for me, lol)

Both 310 & 330 shades have strong yellow tones.
310 (Sun Beige) is half a shade lighter than my skintone (I’m NC42 in MAC foundations), but for the most part, I feel that it adjusts to my skin shade once I’ve done my entire face.
330 (Toffee) is quite dark for me by 2-3 shades. I like to use it along with 310 for foundation contouring. I generally do foundation contouring if I have to attend a special occasion.  
left-310, right-330
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Review & Swatches Best Drugstore Foundation in India

TEXTURE : The Maybelline Fit Me foundation is medium-thick, it spreads easily on the face with any tool – fingers, brushes, sponges. It feels pretty light on my skin, I forget that I’ve put on any foundation :P

COVERAGE : It gives medium coverage but it can be build up to medium-full coverage for minor blemishes.

FINISH : Like the name suggests, it gives a matte finish on my face. I know a couple of people have described its finish as demi-matte or velvet-matte, but on my normal skin, its just matte. After application, my skin looks pretty natural & not made up, which is something I really like about this foundation. Regarding pores, I do not have large open pores on my face, but during summers, the pores on my nose look larger and this foundation definitely helps to blur them out.

Tip for normal & dry skinned ladies : If I powder over the Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation, it can make my makeup look too powdery. So I opt for a compact powder instead of using a loose powder and always use a light hand. During winters, I could skip powdering my face altogether.

WEAR TIME : I’m happy to report that the Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation lasts pretty much the entire day for me – whether it was winter season or summers now. Lately, temperatures have been going up to 34degrees in Pune, so I’ll say its summer already. I wear it around 10am in the morning and by 8pm in the evening, I can still detect it on my face. I did notice that the foundation can transfer if your face gets sweaty, which is a negative point. So if I was going to be out all day in sunny weather, I would not use this foundation without a primer.

Depending on your skin type, normal/combination/oily, its weartime is going to vary. That said, I think the Lakme White Intense Foundation wears much better all day because it doesn’t wear off at all.

Which skin types will the Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation suit ? I personally think its best for normal – oily skinned beauties. My sister has dry skin and she liked using this foundation only when it was mixed with her moisturizer & not on its own. There are so many foundations that suit dry skinned ladies better but if you’re on a budget, you can try this out.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Review & Swatches Best Drugstore Foundation in India

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation Review & Swatches Best Drugstore Foundation in India

Product vs Price:
Price : Rs.525 / ~$8
Qty: 30ml / 1 oz
Availability : Amazon | Nykaa 
I have no complaints about the price, just about the packaging - it gets messy very easily ! Just the packaging alone can make me use the product less frequently. 

FINAL VERDICT : 4.5 / 5

I think the Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation is a pretty great foundation. It offers medium coverage and lasts all day on my normal skin. I think it’s a nice option for daily wear. I wish they had included a pump, it would have been perfect. Lastly, the shade range is still insufficient – what about deeper skintones & cool undertones? Nevertheless, at its price, it’s definitely one of the best pocket-friendly foundations at the drugstore.

Have you tried the New Fit Me foundation ? Let me know your thoughts in the comments !