Three Great Organic Clay & Rice Based Face Masks for Summers

I love using face masks and I think that every girl does! I have discovered so many great face masks over the years and I realized that of late, I’ve seen best results from natural face masks than chemical ones. Today I will be talking about three organic clay based face masks, which I think are great to detox your skin during summers!


I end up putting these masks for more than half-hour on my face, though that is not advised. I feel that natural products take more time to do their magic, so I let them stay longer on my skin. Since all of them are clay masks, they’re drying. You can always mix them with honey or rose water so that they don’t dry out your skin.

Just Herbs Petalsoft Anti-Tan Rose Face Pack (with Indian ginseng & liquorice) {all skin types}
Ingredients: Indian rose 5%, Indian ginseng*(Withania Somnifera) 1%, liquorice( Glycirrhyza glabra) 1%, Honey 2%, Holy Basil 2%, Natrium boricum 1%, Rose hydrosol, Aqua, Aloevera leaf juice*,Vegetable glycerine*, Bentonite clay, Indian Volcanic clay, Disodium EDTA, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Natural preservative (Herbs-Essential oil complex), Fragrance. 

This is more of a detox-therapy mask for me. I love its rosy fragrance. It does a little bit of everything- minimizes size of blemishes, gives a soft glow to the skin, softens it. I love the new packaging, so fancy! Keep in mind that overtime, this paste-like texture of the mask will harden in its tub. It is a certified organic product, also cruelty free & vegan. I did a mini review on it here also featured in my skincare favorites of 2015 ^_^
Price: Rs.375 | Buy here

Suganda Neem Green Tea Plant Mask {oily,acne prone & sensitive skin}
Ingredients: organic neem, organic green tea, organic rice.

This is a mask that I recently acquired in a Fab Bag. I use it to spot treat any blemishes & whiteheads that crop up. This is an amazing zit zapper, forget about expensive creams like LRP Effaclar Duo & try this first! It gets rid of surface pimples with a single use. The pimples that are more deeply set are gone after 2nd use or sometimes just disappear the next day. The best part is that it got rid of a really stubborn black scar that a pimple had left on my nose, no mask has been able to do that! This is slowly becoming a Holy Grail product for getting rid of blemishes. The cool thing about this mask is that it is completely handmade.
Price:Rs.750 | Buy here

Votre Deep Pore Cleansing Clay Masque {oily skin}
Ingredients: Melaleuca oil (Tea tree) , Azadirachta indica (Neem ),Cinnamom extract , Arnica montana (Arnica), Prunus Persica(Peach Extract), Pinus Pinaster(Pine bark extract), Spinacia Oleracea(Spinach Extract), Rosa canina (Rosehip oil), Base q.s.

This is a Holy Grail worthy face mask. It gets rid of pimples, softens & tightens skin. Mostly I love how it leaves a strong glow to my face. This is something I’d recommend using before a special event. I got this in a Fab Bag too…. Yay for useful beauty boxes! When I got this mask, it was actually a paste texture, overtime it has hardened and I had to crush the hardened pieces to powder otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to use the mask. Please keep this in mind! This is also a cruelty-free, vegan product :)
Price:Rs.1080

All these masks do tighten my skin, to an extent. The packaging of Suganda & Votre face masks are meh, for the price I definitely expect more.

My skin type is normal, yet I like using all these masks. I mentioned in my Pimple-Free skin care routine post that I do not get breakouts anymore, unless I have an allergic reaction to a product or when I accidentally sleep with makeup. I also found that travelling sometimes stresses my skin out and I end up having bumps across my cheeks & chin. So on all these occasions, I make use of these 3 masks depending on the severity of the skin issue! Yes, the Freeman Chocolate Face Mask that I loved using in winters has taken a back seat for summers, but I still follow the rest of my skincare routine.

What face masks do you enjoy using in summers? Let me know in the comments!