The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review

Almost everyone I know has had dandruff at some point. I felt that I was so lucky because I had never gotten it. Then I ran out of this good fortune last year, because I also got it :(

The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff shampoo Review Ingredients Cruelty Free Brand in India

After postponing the inevitable for months, I finally bought an anti-dandruff shampoo. I finalized on The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff shampoo because I had tried a couple of other ones like the Sebamed & L’Oreal Professional Anti-Dandruff Shampoos that didn’t work out for me. My sister has had dandruff so she already had these shampoos in her stash. I tried them 1-2 times and they didn’t help calm my scalp and the Sebamed one also made my hair feel pretty rough during the wash.

I decided to try The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff shampoo mostly because I read good reviews on it & it was on sale. Using the Ginger Anti-Dandruff shampoo really calmed my scalp. This was the first time my scalp didn’t feel itchy since I got dandruff. Earlier when I used a normal shampoo, my scalp would get quite itchy between washes. Now after using this shampoo, my scalp doesn’t feel itchy for as much as the 3-4th day post wash.

The shampoo comes in a dark colored bottle & is clear and runny. Because it’s runny, it’s quite easy to use and spread around the scalp. It actually smells like ginger. It is able to wash off hair oil too. Adding to the positives, I think this shampoo may also be sulphate free & The Body Shop is a cruelty-free brand.


The only problem I have is the packaging, it’s just like the shower products of TBS & if you own any of those, you will know that it is hard to use every last bit of the product. Normally I don’t have a problem with this, but this shampoo is pricey (to me)! I’d like to finish it off completely. Also, the cap is quite flimsy, I already broke the lid into half when I dropped this bottle...

Although it claims to prevent scalp from flakes with regular use, I must underline that 
an Anti-Dandruff shampoo is not the key to cure hair dandruff just as anti-acne face wash will not cure acne.
So don’t except this shampoo to clear out your scalp from dandruff completely…but it’s a useful product in the road to getting rid of dandruff.

Product vs Price:
Price : Rs.795
Qty : 250ml /8.4 oz
{also available in 400ml variant}
Shelf life : 12 months
Availability : NykaaThe Body Shop | Flipkart

Final Verdict – 4/5
Definitely a thumbs up from my side, the only reason I won’t give it a 5 is because of its price and packaging. If you’re struggling with dandruff, The Body Shop Ginger Shampoo will give you relief! But unlike its claims, it won’t prevent flakes.


I will be posting about more stuff that I have been using to get rid of dandruff completely, so keep an eye out for that !