Most Affordable Liquid Lipsticks in India- Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams Shades 15A,17A, 08 Review & Swatches

For the whole of 2015 I wanted to get my paws on the Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams as they are dupes for the NYX SMLCs, but I didn’t know where to get them. I was wary of ordering them online (through Instagram) because they were overpriced there! Finally I got them, basically, they are available in every beauty shop in Mumbai & I was totally unaware of that.

Most Affordable Liquid Lipsticks in India Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams Shades 15A 17A 08 Review Swatches

I have the shades 08, 15A & 17A. The lipsticks I bought are all different shades of pink. In my experience, the tube color looks quite different in photos. Apart from price, there isn’t a huge benefit in buying them in person though, because a lot of the testers are dried out & we're not allowed to try them on lips anyways!

TEXTURE, FORMULA:
As claimed, these are soft cream liquid lipsticks that settle into a powder matte finish within few seconds of applying. Like with most lipsticks, the darker shades are easier to work with than the lighter ones. #08 is the most comfortable to wear & apply, I can keep layering it and it won’t look patchy. #17A is the next best one, a little tricky to apply evenly on my upper lip without looking patchy but it is still very comfortable to wear. #15A requires more effort during application, I need both my fingers & the applicator to get an even, non-patchy finish on my lips. All shades feel quite light on my lips.


SHADES vs SKINTONE:

Most Affordable Liquid Lipsticks in India Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams Shades 15A 17A 08 Review Lip Swatches
#15A ~ this shade is a nude pink color & its tube is browny-pink in person. On me it’s a light pink color. This shade does not suit me (I’m NC42 in MAC) but I like to mix it with Maybelline Lip Gradation in Mauve to make a custom nude for myself. I also mix it with #17A, wearing just one lip shade is so basic (#kidding #notreallytho)

Most Affordable Liquid Lipsticks in India Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams Shades 15A 17A 08 Review Lip Swatches
#17A ~ this is one of the best lipstick shades I have in my collection. It’s a berry pink color, sometimes it seems mauve-pink too. It will definitely suit all skin tones. If you’re not sure of which shades to buy, go for this one first! This shade is office-appropriate too!

Most Affordable Liquid Lipsticks in India Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams Shades 15A 17A 08 Review Lip Swatches
#08 ~ I thought 08 would be a soft pink (it looks so in online swatches) but it is a bright, in-your-face kind of pink. You could call it neon pink/hot pink. It has a touch of coral to it. I don’t like how it looks on me during day time (makes me look tanned) & I prefer to wear this at night only. This shade might suit all skin tones but I’d recommend buying it only if you’re comfortable wearing bright colors.

comparison swatches, in better light!
Most Affordable Liquid Lipsticks in India Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams Shades 15A 17A 08 Review Lip Swatches

QUALITY:
For the price, I won’t complain, but in case you’re wondering, these aren’t the best formula for matte liquid lipsticks. The new & expensive Chambor Extreme Matte range is remarkable quality compared to these, though at 4-5 times the price! All Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams are cruelty free though, don’t know about Chambor!

WEARTIME:
Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams aren’t long wearing lipsticks. They are not transfer proof. They’re like you’re typical matte lipsticks that stay well till you have food. Still, #17A & #08 don’t get wiped away fully with a meal, they mostly faded away from the center of both my lips. Obviously, maintain a good intake of water otherwise your lips will get dry & it will be very uncomfortable to wear these liquid lipsticks.

INGREDIENTS: 
Most Affordable Liquid Lipsticks in India Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams Shades 15A 17A 08 Review Lip Swatches

FRAGRANCE: 
All the 3 Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams have a sweet, sugary scent. It lingers for a bit during application, but fades away quickly once you’re done.

PACKAGING:
They come in sealed plastic packaging a la Maybelline kind of packaging, where, when you rip of the plastic, you lose the date of expiry too! However, the ingredients are printed on the tube itself, as well as the shelf life. As you can see, the Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams come in a plastic lip gloss like packaging and have a doe foot applicator that’s very easy to use! The shade number is printed on the bottom part of the tube.


PRODUCT VS PRICE:
Price : Rs.110-180, depending on where you get it.
Qty: couldn’t find it on the tube, it may have been on the outer plastic cover that I don’t have anymore :(
Shelf Life: 12 months
Availability: Beauty Palace, Beautiful & First Beauty stores across Mumbai. You won’t find these at those Miss Claire accessories stores =)
Are these the most affordable lipsticks on the market or what? The only lipsticks I’ve tried in the same price range is the Street Wear lipsticks & their price has also gone upto 200 !

FINAL VERDICT : 4.5/5
The Miss Claire Soft Matte Lip Creams are definitely great quality for the price they retail at & supposedly, dupes of the NYX SMLCs that are very pricey in India (~Rs.750). Do try out this range if you get a chance, they have a lot of pink shades! I also wish they had some oranges and deeper shades too.