NYX HD Eye Shadow Base Review, Demo, Price in India

Company Claims:Prep your eyelids with this lightweight eye shadow primer that makes skin appear smoother, more even toned, and ensures lasting makeup application. The High Definition Eye Shadow Base conceals creases and pumps up the vibrancy of your eye shadow.
Ingredients: Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Beeswax / Cera Alba / Cire D'abeille, Dimethicone, Isohexadecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Vp / Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylparaben. May Contain / Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492, 77499, 77491).
NYX products are cruelty free.

Why do you need an eye shadow primer ?
I started using eye shadow primers simply because no shadow would last on my lids once I began blending them, they just got wiped out. I even tried the foundation-as-a-primer and while it helped the eye shadows adhere on my lids while blending, it didn't help in intensifying them or helping them stay longer. FYI, I have really dark eye lids. So for me, an eye shadow primer is a necessity to ensure that any eye shadow 1) sticks to my lids 2) is more vibrant  3) lasts for a longtime without creasing & smudging. 
There are many more reasons, for example, a primer acts as a barrier between your skin & makeup, it can keep oil from the skin away from the eye shadow. You can read more here.

My experience with NYX HD Eye Shadow Base:


Price: Rs.560 /  $6.99
Qty: 8ml / 0.27 fl.oz.
Shelf Life: 6 months
Availability: eBay, Sephora India

Packaging:
The NYX HD Eye Shadow Base comes in a round bottle which has a doe foot applicator for applying the primer. The packaging is convenient to carry around but I really feel a traditional tube would be better as you can use all product in a tube whereas in this type of packaging some product is wasted. Also, doe foot applicators are less hygienic.


Color: The primer has a nude color in the bottle but once you apply it on your lids and blend it out, it becomes clear.


Texture: It is definitely a lightweight product.Once you blend the NYX HD Eye Shadow Base out, it leaves your lids tacky, which is good. This type of surface will ensure that your eye shadows really stick on. However, before I apply any color, I pat my eye lids gently to get rid of any excess product and them proceed with my base color. Some people also apply loose powder to the lids after a primer but I find that futile.

Effects: My eye lids tend to get oily. This primer definitely helps in making eye shadows more vibrant. It also makes sure that the shadows stay on my lids even with blending. Finally, it prolongs the wear time of the shadows. I have been able to wear shadows for 7-8 hours without creasing, fading or smudging which I think is great! I haven't worn eye shadows for more than 7-8 hours at a stretch but I think the NYX HD Eye Base will work great for longer durations as well.

You can see in the picture below that the eye shadow is quite chalky and average in pigmentation. On my eye lids, the color barely shows up. After it is applied over NYX HD Eye Base, it is more vibrant and is smoother while applying. To some extent, this primer also helps making chalky matte shadows smoother, however it doesn't help in reducing the patchiness that some shimmery shadows have.

Overall Verdict: 5/5
I find the NYX HD Eye Shadow Base to be a great budget friendly eye shadow primer that makes my eye shadows more vibrant, crease-resistant and long lasting. It stays true to all of its claims!  To top it off, NYX is a cruelty free brand and list all their ingredients on their website.I definitely recommend it to girls who need eye shadow colors to pop more on their lids & who need eye shadows to stay longer with out wearing down. I have pigmented lids and anything that makes my eye shadows more vibrant is a must have.