Sleek Makeup iDivine Oh So Special Palette Review, Swatches and lots of Pictures!

The ‘Oh So Special’ palette by Sleek has been on my wishlist since a long time and after a lot of hiccups it finally made its way to me! I purchased it from the Sleek Makeup website which ships internationally. I didn’t have the best experience with them, and you can read about it here. I was really excited to try out this palette. These eye shadows are mineral shadows and it’s the first time that I’ve tried some mineral makeup.

Sleek Makeup iDivine Oh So Special Palette Review and Swatches

Price: Rs.721.26 / $11.99
Qty12X1.1g / 12x0.03oz
Available onlinehttp://www.sleekmakeup.com/

About Sleek iDivine Palettes:
Sleek MakeUP’s legendary i-Divine palettes are 12 shades of super-pigmented, longlasting, mineral based eyeshadow, designed to suit all. Each i-Divine contains pearlescent shades, which contain mica particles that highlight and illuminate giving an overal radiant effect.Available in a variety of colour ways, your i-Divine is waiting for you.
Oh So Special includes ultra flattering pink and brown shades that will deliver perfect results no matter the occasion. Take your look from day time chic with matte browns and creamy beiges, through to a sultry evening look with shimmering greys and smoky plums. For best results, use in conjunction with Flick It Eyeliner, and Lash Out Mascara for a polished, defined look.
Available in 12 palettes designed to suit every mood, and trend.
Store in a cool dry place.
Not tested on animals.

Ingredients:
Mica, Talc, Kaolin, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Paraffinum Liquid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylparaben and Methylparaben, +/- [CI77510, CI 77289, CI 77491, ,CI 77492]. Suitable for vegetarians. Not suitable for vegans.

My thoughts on Sleek iDivine ‘Oh So Special’ Eye shadow Palette:

Packaging: It comes in a sleek black case and inside there’s a plastic sheet between the eyeshadows and the mirror. There are 12 shades in this palette. The names of each shade are written on the plastic sheet. I do wish that the shade names were written on the palette instead of that plastic coz anybody is bound to throwaway the plastic after sometime. It has a sponge tip applicator.

Sleek Makeup iDivine Oh So Special Palette Review and Swatches

Sleek Makeup iDivine Oh So Special Palette Review and Swatches

Shades description
There are 7 mattes and 5 shimmery shadows in this palette-the first row has 2 mattes and 4 shimmers and the second row has 5 mattes and one shimmery e/s. I’m going to describe how each color appears on my skin tone and it might vary slightly on few skintones. All the shimmer finish eye shadows have fall out.

Bow

Color: flat white
Finish: matte
Texture: Smooth but slightly chalky
Pigmentation: Good, requires layering to get full color
Use: For me, the best use is as a brow bone highlight as it would look weird in the inner corners on my skintone. I also mix it with the highlighters in the palette to tone them down.

Organza

Color: silvery pink
Finish: shimmer
Texture: nice and smooth
Pigmentation: excellent, true to color in pan
Use: as inner corner highlight, can be used all over the lids on paler skintones. It’s a bit too pink and glittery to be used as brow bone highlight for me

Ribbon

Color: coral
Finish: matte
Texture: nice and smooth
Pigmentation: good but on my lids it doesn’t look like the color in the pan
Use: Unfortunately this color doesn’t flatter me at all. It appears as a really pale coral color. I love it in the pan but it just doesn’t look good on my eyes. It can be used as a blush but I haven’t tried that yet
Gift Basket

 Color: bronze
Finish: shimmer
Texture: nice and smooth
Pigmentation: excellent
Use: For me, just as the base color.


Sleek Oh So Special Palette Gift Basket Review and EOTD
Gif Basket (Lid),Celebrate (Outer V),Bow (Browbone)
Glitz


Color: gunmetal grey
Finish: shimmer
Texture: smooth and buttery.
Pigmentation: excellent, true to color in pan
Use: For me, just as the base color. I wouldn’t use this in the crease or outer V

Celebrate  



Color: a mix of aubergine and brown
Finish: shimmer, has fallout
Texture: smooth and buttery
Pigmentation: excellent, true to color in pan
Use: I mostly use it in the outer V. Because of its brown and purple undertones, it goes beautifully with both brown and purple smokey eyes. It will also look amazing with Ribbon.

Pamper


Color: baby pink
Finish: matte
Texture: smooth
Pigmentation: excellent, true to color in pan
Use: This doesn’t suit me at all so I haven’t used it but it can be used as an inner corner highlight or even as an all over lid color for lighter complexions. You can mix it with Organza to tone down the shimmer.

Gateau



Color: pink and gold duochrome
Finish: shimmer
Texture: smooth
Pigmentation: excellent, but its color different from what you see in the pan
Use: Inner corner highlight, just on the centre of the lids. Can be used as all over color for paler complexions

The Mail



Color: yellow toned flesh color
Finish: matte
Texture: slightly chalky
Pigmentation: Good, slightly paler than color in pan. It matches my skintone so you can’t see it clearly on my arm
Use: blending, all over the lid, brows. I use it just for blending in the crease and sometimes on lower lash line. I’m not really fond of the color, I prefer pinker browns for all over my lids.

Boxed



Color: medium brown color
Finish: matte
Texture: smooth but slightly chalky
Pigmentation: on my lids this needs to be built up to actually show up
Use: You can use this for basically anything- blending, outer V, all over the lids, brows
  
Wrapped Up



Color: brownish purple, it’s a cool toned brown. Very similar to Inglot 378M.
Finish: matte
Texture: smooth
Pigmentation: good.
Use: I use it just on the outer V and crease. Any time I use Glitz, I use this in the crease and the combination is amazing.

Noir



Color: dark matte black, don’t believe the swatch, this is really deep.
Finish: matte
Texture: smooth, has little fallout
Pigmentation: excellent, true to color in pan.
Use: I use it only as liner sometimes and on the outer V

I think this palette has a great selection of colors and will work as a day-to-night palette and also as a travel essential. A primer or a base is a must for me with these shadows, otherwise they don’t stay and some don’t even show up.

 On me, Ribbon and Pamper don’t work but they are great daytime options for those with lighter complexions. You can also create a lot of smoky eye looks with this palette. I do wish that this palette had a gold/champagne colored highlight rather than two pinks.

I found that some of the shades are really powdery, probably because these are mineral shadows and require brushes of natural bristles which I don’t have. Also all the shimmer finish shadows have fallout so I always end up putting my concealer after I’m done with my eyes when I use this palette. My favourite color is Celebrate, its just so unique and goes with a lot of colors! If I use it with a purple e/s it looks more purple and when I use it with a brown e/s it looks brown. Other favorites are Glitz, Gateau, Wrapped up and Noir.  

I think its nice to have a matte white and a matte black because they are great for practicing blending. One of the first Youtube tutorials I had seen was on blending and it was a tutorial by Samantha Chapman on her Pixiwoo channel where she said that if you can blend white and black together then you’re set for blending.

Sleek Makeup iDivine Oh So Special Palette Review and Swatches

Sleek Makeup iDivine Oh So Special Palette Review and Swatches

Sleek Makeup iDivine Oh So Special Palette Swatches

Sleek Makeup iDivine Oh So Special Palette Swatches

Overall Verdict: 4.5/5
I think Sleek ‘Oh So Special’ palette is a great palette which comes at a reasonable price. If you get your hands on it I’m sure you’ll love it too! It has a lot of wearable and party-appropriate color so you’ll find that you have something for every occasion. For me, for day time looks this palette alone isn’t enough, but for night time looks it has that everything I need