My Summer Most Used Makeup Products & Favorites...!

This summer I had a lot of fun experimenting with color, my favorites were bright pink, turquoise and yellow. Summers are very humid in Mumbai and the first time I wore a full face of makeup, I was sweating so much, it felt like my face was melting off. There after I decided to go light on base makeup and I’ve just been experimenting to see what works will in the heat, unfortunately sans primer, nothing works for more than 2 hours. Anyways, here’s my most worn makeup for this summer, not all are favourites though, I’ve added my thoughts on each product so you know how I feel about them. This is a picture heave post, hope you enjoy it!

You can also check out My Summer Skincare+Tips Post .

I loved using the Rimmel Liquid Cheek Tints because they were quick and fuss free and as long as I’m in ac they last for nearly 5 hours. The Cheeky Glow blush in Fresh Coral is a beautiful pink shade that suits all the pink lipsticks I wore this season. It does have a hint of coral but is mostly a nice brightening pink blush for me. 

 Sleek Makeup Antique Blush, Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint Sunkissed Cherry, Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blush Fresh Coral, Rimmel Pop of Pink
(Clockwise from top) Sleek Antique, Rimmel Sunkissed Cherry, Maybelline Fresh Coral, Rimmel Pop of Pink
The Sleek Limited Edition Antique blush is the only disappointing one of the lot, though it looks good it pictures, it has glitter that can travel across your cheek area. However it gives a glowy look to the face and can be used to fake a glow in pictures.

Bourjois CC Cream (Bronze) is a recently purchased item and I love the coverage and the second skin feeling that it gives. However it lacks sorely in the “color correcting” part it is meant for. I need to use it more before I can thoroughly conclude my findings. It performs well in an ac environment. Has SPF15
Maybelline BB Cream (Fawn) is one light coverage, lightweight BB cream that can stay upto 7 hours in ac environment but when worn outside in Mumbai’s humid climate, it melted out. Has an SPF of 24.

Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder TL09,Bourjois CC Cream Bronze ,Revlon Touch and Glow Compact, Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick Fawn
(Clockwise from top) Kryolan Loose Powder,Bourjois CC Cream,Revlon Compact,Maybelline BB Stick
Revlon Touch & Glow Compact(Ivory Matte) is a nice powder compact, it doesn’t have a lot of shine control but is finely milled and has a good finish and coverage.
Kryolan Translucent Loose Powder (TL09) is my holy grail powder for oil control. It manages to prevent the concealer from looking cakey in any season and is really good in mattifying the face, but it just doesn’t control sweat.

I kept the eye makeup minimal and to the point this season. Any time I needed a brown, I found myself reaching for Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Bad Girl Bronze which is actually a ‘my lids but better’ for my pigmented lids. I loved pairing this with Maybelline Turquoise Kajal. That’s the ultimate summer combo for me.

Maybelline Volum Express Hyper Curl Mascara, Rimmel Scandal Eyes Shadow Stick Bad Girl Bronze, Maybelline Colossal Turquoise Kajal, NYX Single eye shadow in Kiwi
(Clockwise from top) Maybelline Hyper Curl Mascara, Rimmel Bad Girl Bronze, Maybelline Colossal Turquoise Kajal, NYX Single eye shadow in Kiwi
 Maybelline Turquoise Kajal is a beautiful turquoise color. I also enjoyed using NYX Kiwi, a bright yellow green that looked good just by itself. For mascara,I went old school and used the Maybelline Hyper Curl waterproof mascara, it is super long lasting and actually curls your lashes.


Lip makeup is my favourite because I found some really good and long lasting lip colors that I was completely addicted to. I’m totally in love with Milady and Bella from the L’Oreal Shine Caresse Range. Both can be layered to get more weartime, I’ve done extensive reviews on both of them so do check it out if you want to know how awesome they are.

L'Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Colors Bella, Milady
Top: Bella, Bottom: Milady

 I LOVE the Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry, best pink shade in my collection & most long lasting lipstick. For lip liner I recently purchased the Bourjois Lip Liner in Enjoleuse thinking it would be a nude for me, but it’s a mlbb(my lips but better). I ended up wearing it more often just to test it out. Nah, Sultry and Enjoleuse and not dupes.

Revlon Matte Balm Sultry, Bourjois Lip Liner Enjoleuse 12
Top: Revlon Sultry, Botton: Bourjois Enjoleuse

The Best budget buy award goes to Maybelline All That Glitters from the glitter mania range. It is a beautiful pale gold that I couldn’t resist wearing over and over because of the glitterfest that it is. Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow is beautiful mood perker, a medium yellow with pastel finish. 

Maybelline All That Glitters, Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, Faces canada Candyfloss Matte, Sally Hansen Fuzz-Sea
(left to right)All That Glitters, Mellow Yellow,Candyfloss Matte,Fuzz-Sea
Faces Candlyfloss Matte is a lovely bubblegum pink color with a matte finish, favourite pink color of all times for me! Most Unique Polish Award goes to Sally Hansen Fuzz-Sea. Its a textured nail polish and did amazing work in transforming my notd to something unique and fun. I love all the nail polishes, I just wish the Faces Candlyfloss Matte and Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow didn’t dry up so much.

Lipbalm: Now, I love my EOS lip balm and I quite like theCarmex Tube lip balm but this lip balm has changed my life. Seriously! I might like it more than my EOS lip balm(which I’m crazy about). I got this Carmex Pomegranate Lip Balm this year from ASOS and I had to pay a lot of custom tax but it was worth it. 

Carmex Pomegranate Lip Balm SPF 15 india
Carmex Pomegranate Lip Balm
This heals chapped lips in a matter of hours, sometimes, in an hour also. It also has SPF 15. Its got these pen marks over it because I kept it in my college bag as well, I just need to have it with me all the time.

 Though I didn’t go out during the day time that much(because of the humidity!) whenever I did, I made sure to wear a sunscreen over my makeup and reapplied it every two hours. Make sure that you protect your skin while having fun with makeup. 

Let me know what your favourite makeup products are for summer in the comments below!