Coz plain ol' lipstick ain't good enough? Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish in Glam 13 - Review, Swatches, Price

Maybelline lip polishes are Maybelline’s offering to the lipgloss-lipstick hybrids which are trending this year. I thought of picking up at least one of these since they are offered in sooo many colors and fit my budget nicely! I love the L’Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Colors and I was curious to know how Maybelline’s lip polish would compete against it since they both are sold at a mere Rs.50 difference, with the Lip Polish being the cheaper option. There are two ranges, POP (bright colors) and GLAM(comparatively subtle shades).And these are known as Color Elixirs in US. I’ll be reviewing the shade Glam 13 and telling you if this offering is indeed glam or not!


Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish in Glam 13 review

What Maybelline Says about Color Sensational Lip Polish(taken from brand website):
For glossy, plump lips, choose Maybelline’s Lip Polish by Color Sensational.
Featuring glossy, vivid colors that also have a moisturizing effect, this lip polish makes your lips look fuller and more luscious. Dress your lips in a shade you love and watch heads turn!

A trio of concentrates delivers the color of a lipstick, the cushiony care of a balm, and the glass shine of a gloss
Our exclusive smoothing angora brush delivers a polished , even application and smoothing sensation to lips

Here’s why you’ll love it:
• Has pure, saturated color pigments that provide deep intense color
• Acts as a moisturizing liquid conditioning balm
• Gives a soft cushiony feel to the lips
• Features a built-in glossy top-coat that makes lips look fuller
• Comes with a specially designed leaf-shaped applicator for quick, precise application

My take on Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish in Glam 13:

PACKAGING ~ The Lip Polish comes in a tube which is quite small, and is really cute. The color looks like a lipstick in the tube, how unique! The applicator is leaf shaped, and is really easy to use and reaches every centimetre of my lips. I love that it’s the same color as the shade, attention to details girls!





COLOR vs. SKIN TONE  ~ Glam 13 is a nice warm peach color on my lips. Its  perfect peach shade for my medium skin tone! It looks pinker in some lights on me, I’ve seen a couple of other lip swatches where it looks like a browny nude, so this probably shows up differently depending on your natural lip color. Though the color looks really dark in the tube, it is not so in reality.This shade has gold shimmers which are very visible in artificial lighting, like malls, and that’s a huge turn off for me!

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish in Glam 13 review

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish in Glam 13 review

TEXTURE ~ Maybelline Lip Polish is definitely thick in texture, it is after all a mixture of 3 different lip products, but it doesn’t feel heavy on the lips, though I’m aware that I’ve got something on. To me it feels almost luxurious on the lips, because of the thickness. Also, sometimes I’d feel a cool sensation on my upper lips after wearing this, don’t know why! I like that its non-sticky when applied. L’Oreal Shine Caresse feel watery while these feel creamy.

APPLICATION & AFTER ~ My upper lip is quite pigmented. Glam 13 doesn’t cover my lip pigmentation completely, I need to build up 2-3 layers for that. Also, it tends to get patchy when layered, so layering is a tricky business here. I have to layer otherwise the color difference between my upper lip and lower lip is a little visible. It makes lips look plump and shiny, its more shiny than the Color Sensational HighShine Lip Gloss that I have. Unless you smell the opening of the tube directly, there’s no detectable fragrance, although if you do that, the smell is really bad.

COLOR vs. STYLE ~ I want to say that Glam 13 a nice shade that you can wear anytime, but, unless you like shimmers, I’d recommend not to wear this if there are lot of artificial lights around, like in malls, because the golden shimmers are clearly visible!.

PRODUCT vs. DURABILITY ~ I found that after 2-3 hours wear, Glam 13 had started to settle in my lip lines…eeks! I haven’t experienced that ever, and moreover, I wasn’t expecting it from some product that claims to be hydrating! Definitely not hydrating for me, but not drying either. I couldn’t test out to know if it actually stays on for long because I had to reapply it after that. Also, it does not survive meals, nor does it leave any stain on the lips.

PRODUCT vs. PRICE ~ The Maybelline Lip Polishes are priced at Rs.450 in India for 5ml of product. So its quite budget friendly for a creamy, pigmented lip product. 

Its available online at Nykaa(Review HERE), Amazon India & Jabong(Review HERE). Right now, Nykaa is having a 10% off on these lip polishes :)

REMOVAL ~ It can come off with water, but leaves a really sticky feeling on my lips! Its best to remove using a cleanser or a makeup remover.


Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Polish in Glam 13 review

FINAL VERDICT ~ The Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 13 is a pretty peach with pink undertones and gold shimmers which are visible in artificial lighting. The product wasn’t really long lasting as it settled in my lip lines, it also gets patchy when I layer the color. I’m actually not very impressed with this product, I wish it didn’t settle into my lip lines and that it didn’t have that shimmer!
Rating: 3/5

Now tell me, which shades did you love from this range?!

PS: If you liked this post, please subscribe to my blog!