Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in 110 Mirrored Mauve- Review, Swatches

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com

Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in Mirrored Mauve is one of my current favorites. This is one of the new glosses released by Maybelline this year and its available in 8 more shades! There’s a lot I Iove about this lip gloss, even if you are not a lip gloss person, you need this, and I hope I can convince you. ;-)



Cost:- Rs.350.
Qty:- 5ml.
Available online at Nykaa 
See my shopping experience with Nykaa HERE

What Maybelline Says (from the website):
Now Gloss goes Gloriously Gutsy. Color so saturated, shine so flawless... it's sensational sophisticated color and shine.
Available in 8 shades from subtle to eye-popping colors. They are Electric Shock, Glisten up Pink, Plum Lustre, Captivating Coral, Mirrored Mauve, One Shine Day, Gleaming Grenadine, and Raspberry Reflections.

 My take on Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Gloss in Mirrored Mauve:

The packaging:



It’s a very sleek, lightweight plastic tube with a silver cap. I thought it was glass actually, but since its so light so definitely not glass. It comes with a slanted applicator. For me, the applicator is a little long to get a precise application, but it may work for someone with more fuller lips and less shaky hands.

The texture:
Mirrored Mauve has a very nice, creamy texture. Its non-sticky, but your hair can stick in it still, but its not as bad as what happened with the Lotus Herbals gloss. I didn’t find it very moisturizing. It is light weight as well, but I’m always aware that it is on my lips, unlike when I wear a lipstick.

The color, application:
Mirrored Mauve is a lovely medium pink shade which looks like a natural lip color on my medium skin tone. Its is shimmer and glitter free. It definitely looks like a pinky mauve in the tube but even with two layers of the gloss it’s a medium pink (dusty pink) on my lips and looks like a mlbb(my lips but better) for me. 


*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com





It might not suit duskier beauties. The gloss gives a medium coverage, but can be layered to be opaque. For my pigmented upper lip, I apply a coat, pat on it with my finger and then apply another layer and pat it to get full, opaque coverage. I do the same for my lower lip even though its not pigmented because the gloss gets patchy if you just layer one coat after another. Its not “high shine” but it does have a glossy look. Mirrored Mauve is perfect for everyday wear if you don’t mind the glossiness.

Weartime:
Mirrored Mauve stays good for about two hours after which it fades a little. After 4 hrs its still there on my lips but the intensity is quite less. It doesn’t stain lips and comes of easily even with soap and water. It doesn’t survive meals obviously, but since it is shimmer and glitter free, you escape that embarrassing situation where there are glitter particles left on your lips after your meal.

Summing up what I love about this lip gloss:
Its sleek packaging
The lovely medium pink color, perfect to wear ever day (for me)
The creamy texture
No shimmers or glitters!
 Its not high shine
Its not expensive and easily available!

What I don’t like:

(Just for me) I would have liked a smaller applicator.

A lip swatch for you..


*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com



Overall Verdict:- 4.5/5
Like I said, I absolutely love this shade. Highly recommended!

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com