#SkincareWeek: Silky Goodness or Oil Factory? The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil Review

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil is the first cleansing oil I’ve ever tried. When I was in college, I didn’t have a defined makeup routine, I didn’t even own a foundation! Ever since I started my job, I developed a habit to apply basic makeup to work regularly. I wanted to make sure that all of my makeup was completely removed before I went to bed at night. I have the Maybelline Total Clean Express Eyes & Lips remover but it was cumbersome to use a different product for face so I decided to buy The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil so that I have one product to take care of all the makeup on my face.
Ingredients :
Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil/Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 85, Sorbitan Trioleate, Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Parfum/Fragrance, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Citric Acid.
The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil Review Demo Ingredients Price

The Body Shop Claims:
This silky-soft cleanser will effortlessly remove make-up from the whole face quickly and effectively, leaving skin feeling clean, refreshed and clear of impurities. It’s the ultimate time-saver.
   -Removes make-up
   -Suitable for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers
  -Removes waterproof make-up
My skin type : Currently, my skin is normal. It gets dry if I’m not regular with moisturizer (these months are cold after all!). I don’t have sensitive skin, however there are some products that give my skin allergic reactions.

Usage & tips : The oil has to be applied on to completely dry face and massaged in, especially on the areas where your makeup is waterproof. You will notice your eye area turn the color of your mascara when you massage it around your eyes. Once you’re happy with the amount of massage done, add water to your face. The oil turns milky and this makes it easy to wash off

In my experience, if you use the right amount of oil, your face will be completely clean & oil free after washing off with water and you may not need to follow up with a cleanser. I almost always use a face wash after this oil, simply out of habit & to get rid of the residue (if any). If I use too much of the oil, it does make eyes foggy during use, if I use the  right amount, there’s no fogginess.
Demo :Unfortunately I wasn't able to show how the oil turns milky with water, but trust me, it does!
(l-r) Eyeconic kajal & some long wearing lipsticks applied over a primerThe Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil Review Demo Ingredients Price
 after adding the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I used the same pressure I would use on my eye area to massage this oil on my hand
The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil Review Demo Ingredients Price

After washing away the oil with water & a wet wipe.
The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil Review Demo Ingredients Price

It takes more efforts to remove waterproof mascara. After I’ve used the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil & washed my face, I follow up with a q-tip soaked with Bioderma Sensibio H2O around my lashes to get rid of it. When you remove mascara, your entire eye area becomes colored with the shade of the mascara and its difficult to make out just using your fingers if the entire product is dissolved in the oil….at least for me :(  However, its extremely easy to get rid of all long wearing, waterproof makeup in a jiffy with this oil, like the Lakme Absolute Foundation & Kryolan Derma Color Cremes.
Effects : It doesn’t make my skin greasy, but I feel a little dry sometimes after using this product, compared to other makeup removers I’ve used. That’s why I don’t use it everyday, I like to use Bioderma Sensibio H2O in between. If you see its ingredients list, it contains a lot of other oils – soyabean, almond, sunflower, sesame & also camomile; yet it doesn't make skin oily. It does have fragrance but it has never broken me out or irritated my skin or eyes.
All in all I like this The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil, but the bottle I got is faulty. The product keeps leaking from the neck of the bottle even when I lock the nozzle. I always end up using more than required so that I can keep the bottle clean T.T. I appreciate the packaging – the nozzle can be locked, but I still can’t travel with it because its faulty & will leak everywhere.
Product vs Price : 
Price: Rs. 1095 / $16.4
Qty: 200 ml / 6.75 oz 

Shelf Life : 12 months
Availability : The Body Shop Website 
Its seemingly pricey, but I could not find any cheaper dupes of it in the Indian market, yet. You get a whopping 200ml so it will last you a 3-4 months with regular use as you don't need a lot of product.
Overall Verdict : 4.5/5
The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil is a very effective makeup remover & takes care of removing even waterproof makeup. I did face a bit of hiccup with waterproof mascara but I have a feeling that its just me ! I do feel like its more drying than other makeup removers I use so I don’t use it daily but its my goto when I want to quickly get rid of all my long wearing makeup & it never disappoints. I will repurchase it if I’m not bored of using it, LOL

#SkincareWeek is a special series - Each day of the week I'll present you with a new skincare product. 7 skincare products carefully tried & tested out for you! Do check back tomorrow for a new product :) 
Previous Post : From the House of Shiseido, Za India Total Hydration Milky Moisturizer Review
More from this series  : 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1