#SkincareWeek Finale: I Heart the Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup Removing Micelle Solution

Let me tell you a story…
There was a girl who was all about makeup
She hoarded & hoarded & then some more…
...every day she played with it but..
then she realized she needed to take it off at the end of the day….but with what ?
Everyone she followed & loved were gushing about something that looked just like water but worked like magic
But she resisted….she had been deceived by similar promises before
She tried others in the market, some didn’t do it all & some left her longing for more...
so she wondered if she had overlooked Mr.Right..
…maybe…maybe not..but..No...maybe if...nah…uhh..mm… the indecision went on..
One day she decided to dip her toes into that magical pond & see what it was that everyone loved…
..
.
.
Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup Removing Micelle Solution Ingredients Price Review Demo

Bioderma Claims that the Sensibio H2O :
  • Combines performance and very high tolerance
  • Cleanses and removes make-up from the face and eyes
  • Soothes and clears up irritated skin
  • Produces a feeling of instant freshness
  • Non-rinse
  • Meant for sensitive to intolerant skin
  • Even removes water-resistant make-up
  • One bottle of Sensibio H2O sold around the world every 5 seconds!
  • Fragrance-free formula
  • Alcohol-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Hypoallergenic
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide.

My Experience with Bioderma Sensibio H2O :

I'll get right to it, I love the Bioderma Sensibio H2O to bits. It has changed makeup removal from being a burden to a routine I look forward to. The fact that it is so easy to use plays a key role here. I like to soak half of my cotton pad with the Sensibio H2O and use it on my face & neck. Of course I use more cotton pads as needed. You do need a lot of quantity of the product here, so I find it best to do the routine twice. The first time I go over my face thoroughly, the second time I use a fresh cotton pad soaked with the Sensibio H2O and sweep it around my entire face just to check if there's any makeup still left. It has some kind of soapy fragrance.

It does take out the most stubborn makeup easily. It feels just like water, which makes its results seem even more extraordinary. If you've ever worn a shimmery/glittery eye shadow, you'll know the pain of completely getting rid of all those shimmer/glitter particles from around your eye. And Bioderma Sensibio H2O takes all of it off easily. Even waterproof mascara, liners are not safe from it :P Yes, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it takes off waterproof makeup. I haven't tested it out with Maybelline waterproof mascaras though, that will be the true test ! Also, I apply 1-2 coats of mascara, so if you use more, it gets harder to remove. The amount of makeup you are able to take off using the Sensibio H2O also depends on how you use the product, you may have to hold it for a few seconds/move it in circular motions/move it across...just find the right technique that works for you, but trust me, it does take off your makeup!


What is micelle solution / micellar water makeup remover ?
Such products are made up of micelles which are tiny surfectant molecules suspended in a liquid.These tiny molecules latch onto all the unwanted particles on your face and dissolve them, unlike traditional makeup removers that end up smearing makeup all over your face! Micellar waters do not require the use of any other skincare in your cleansing routine, including water! They can be used as makeup remover, cleanser & toner, all sans the use of water. Magical, isn't it ?? Its the perfect companion for travel, you can cut down on packing a ton of products.


The Bioderma Sensibio H2O micelle solution doesn't leave any residue on my face. However, when I wash my face I feel like I'm washing a soapy layer off my face & that's actually this solution. Its claims to be non-rinse, i.e, you do not need to wash your face post using this. But like I've already said, it does leave some kind of residue behind so its best to wash your face. Initially I used to combine Bioderma Sensibio & TBS Camomile Oil to take my makeup off but slowly I've realized that I don't need both, either one is good. The evidence to this is that I don't wake up with breakouts if I use just one of them the previous night to take off my makeup. More importantly, it doesn't change the balance of my skin, my skin doesn't feel more oily or more dry than it already is.

Product vs Price :
Bioderma Sensibio H2O is available in 2 sizes in India.
Price: Rs.599 / $9 || Qty: 100ml / 3.3 oz
Price : Rs. 860 / ~$13 || Qty : 250ml / 8.4 oz
Shelf Life : 12 months
Availability : Flipkart | Nykaa | Amazon | Purplle 

It is very pricey, plus I need quite a bit of it if I'm wearing lot of makeup. I wish it was cheaper :/ :( But Bioderma is a luxury French brand so what else can we expect ? I also wish we could get the 500ml bottle which comes with a pump. I'd definitely recommend getting the smaller bottle first, incase you don't like it later on. You won't waste more money that way. The small bottle is also super useful if you're travelling. As you can see, I have already repurchased it, I bought the smaller one first & when it was almost over I bought the bigger size. I think I will always repurchase it, even if I try other makeup removers. If you have combination/oily skin type, the other variant Bioderma Sebium H2O, might be the right product for you.

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup Removing Micelle Solution Ingredients Price Review Demo

Bioderma Sensibio H2O Makeup Removing Micelle Solution Ingredients Price Review Demo

Overall Verdict : 5/5
I definitely recommend everyone to try the Bioderma Makeup removing Micelle Solutions. This particular range (sensibio H2O) is meant for sensitive skin, if you have oily/combo skin, it may not suit you and there is another range of micelle water for your skin type(sebium H2O). I do not have sensitive skin, yet I loved using this product! I remember scoffing at videos/reviews which raved about the Bioderma Sensibio H2O because I didn’t believe in the hype. Oh how the times have changed…its like being a selenator forever & then one day you realize your true calling is a smiler (miley cyrus supporter)....sorry no, its not that dramatic. =P

#SkincareWeek is a special series - Each day of the week I presented you with a new skincare product. 7 skincare products carefully tried & tested out for you! This was the final post, hope you enjoyed the series! 
See more from this series  : 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1