#SkincareWeek : Claims vs Results - L'Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion Review

Company Claims :
This first ever mask-grade hydrating lotion is infused with the finest French Grape Seed Extract, a powerful antioxidant that helps neutralize free radicals to protect your skin against the dulling and damaging effects of external aggressors. Double Hyaluronic Acid also boosts hydration so skin is quenched, becomes softer and more radiant.
Suitable for Normal to Dry skin.

L'Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion Review Ingredients Swatch in India

Ingredients :

L'Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion Review Ingredients Swatch in India

My Experience with Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion:

My skin type : Currently, my skin is normal. It gets dry if I’m not regular with moisturizer (these months are cold after all!). I don’t have sensitive skin, however there are some products that give my skin allergic reactions.

L'Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion claims to be ‘energizing & hydrating’ and boasts of some ingredients like Grape Polyphenols, French Spa Water (like Thermal Spa waters) & Double Hyaluronic Acid(HA). Because of these claims, I expected it to give an intense moisture boost to my skin.

The L’Oreal Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion can be used two ways – as a face lotion & as a face mask. As a lotion I find it heavier on my skin than my current goto product– Za total hydration milky moisturizer. This is the hydrating mask I had mentioned in the Za post. I used this mostly as a mask because I wanted to get rid of the dry patches I had back then quickly.


I applied this product as an overnight mask and the next morning I saw that my dry patches were hydrated & they looked less obvious. They weren’t completely gone though. A few days the dry patches returned. This mask + Za moisturizer together have helped my get rid of dry patches. It has not broken me out inspite of using it overnight several times.

This mask doesn’t do anything more – I expected my skin to be plump & glowy, like the effects I got from THEFACESHOP moisturizing sheet mask. L’Oreal claims that this gives you ‘watery, bouncy & radiant skin instantly’.  But there’s no radiance or visible plumping, however skin does feel hydrated. It can also be mixed in with your foundation (for ex the Lakme Absolute White Intense foundation) in cooler seasons. It has a runny texture and looks exactly like the mask fluid of THEFACESHOP mask. I won’t recommend mixing it with your foundation if you live in a humid place because it feels heavy on the skin.

I seriously don’t like the packaging of the L'Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion indian version, it is too bulky ! The Singapore version is so pretty! This product has a light fragrance. Since it contains ingredients like Double HA, it should help in anti-ageing. I’m in my early 20s so I can’t comment on any anti-ageing effects as I don’t have any signs of ageing.

L'Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion Review Ingredients Swatch in India


L'Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion Review Ingredients Swatch in India

Price vs Product
Price : Rs.425 / $6.4
Qty : 200ml / 6.7 oz
Shelf Life : 12 months
Availability : Purplle | Nykaa | Flipkart 

Overall Verdict : 3.5 / 5

In my humble opinion, the L'Oreal Paris Hydra Fresh Mask In Lotion, has a lot more claims than results. I didn’t experience any radiance or bouncy skin. It didn’t make my skin look plump or well hydrated, but it did hydrate my skin, get it ? I still use it every few days (as I have still not purchased a night cream) to moisturize my skin but I do wish it imparted a glow. From price pov, its not very pricey for the quantity & you only need a little bit with every use so the bottle lasts a long time. I’d recommend it if you’re on a budget & need a mask that moisturizes your skin.

#SkincareWeek is a special series - Each day of the week I'll present you with a new skincare product. 7 skincare products carefully tried & tested out for you! Do check back tomorrow for a new product :) 
More from this series  : 7 |6 | 5 | 43 | 2 | 1