Simple Pleasures: Revlon Touch and Glow Moisturizing Powder Compact in Ivory Matte

Revlon Touch & Glow compact has been my go to compact since many months. I purchased it to temporarily replace the Rimmel Stay Matte which completely shattered when I dropped. I was in urgent need of a compact and I thought this would be perfect till I found something better. However, I slowly started loving this one. Now, you can’t replace  something you love, can you?

Revlon Touch and Glow Moisturizing Powder Compact in Ivory Matte

Price: Rs.415/~$6.8
Qty: 12g
Shades: Gold Matte, Ivory Matte, Natural Matte, Rose Matte
Availability: Flipkart, Amazon, Jabong
(Available on discount now)

Company Claims:
Revlon touch and glow moisturising powder, a breakthrough addition to Revlon's myriad range of cosmetics, is a one-stop solution to get that beautiful looking skin. This moisturising powder suits even the oily skin and effectively even outs the skin tone. Formulated with talc, fragrance and titanium dioxide, this moisturising powder has a high staying power and brightens the face instantly. Additionally, this product matches almost all skin tones and hides the blemishes properly. The sturdy packaging features a mirror and puffy applicator, which makes it travel friendly. Ideal for everyday use, the revlon touch and glow moisturising powder is easy to carry and apply as well
Silky smooth moisturising formula that evens out skin tone
Soft cover powder creates a natural finish
Moisturises Skin
Non Drying
Stays color-true even on oily skin
Travel friendly packaging
Smooth Application


My experience:
Packaging: It comes in a simple glossy black and gold box which would look more classy if it was made with better plastic. However, its okay, it doesn’t look cheap but it doesn’t ooze fancy either. There is a mirror and a puff inside which is soft and comes handy for touch ups. The cover clicks shut nicely.

Texture & application:
Revlon Touch and Glow compact is a moderately finely milled powder that's not heavy . It offers some amount of coverage but feels weightless. I use it to set my under eye concealer and it does so nicely, without ever making my under eyes crease. By that I mean that some powders settle into the fine lines in the eye contour immidiately, this one does not. I also use it to powder my face and other areas that I've used concealer on. Currently I use The Body Shop face and body brush to apply this under my eyes and all over my face & neck (I'm expecting my RT brushes to come soon :D). I like to use the puff on the days I need a little more coverage, however, I've put the puff it comes with to rest now because it needs to be washed (or replaced). You can see a close up pic where I have used this powder to set my under eye concealer HERE. I like to use it without any base product sometimes, it makes my skin looks good and it doesn't break me out.

Coverage & weartime:
It offers light to medium coverage. For me, this powder is ideal for cooler seasons. I definitely need loose powder in summers because my skin gets oily. In summers this does not give me much oil control, but in cooler seasons I just need to powder twice in a 10 hour period and I'm good to go. I think this powder will be great all year product for those who have normal skin and dry skin. 

Shade:
The shade Ivory Matte can scare of a large portion of indian beauties because Ivory is always associated with the lightest shade in any base product. However this shade is perfect for medium skin beauties, I am NC42 in summers and a shade lighter in winters and this suits me both times. Rose Matte is pink and Natural Matte is lighter, I haven't seen Gold Matte.

Revlon Touch and Glow Moisturizing Powder Compact in Ivory Matte
swatch
Revlon Touch and Glow Moisturizing Powder Compact in Ivory Matte
Blended  out
Revlon Touch and Glow Moisturizing Powder Compact in Ivory Matte

Revlon Touch and Glow Moisturizing Powder Compact in Ivory Matte

Overall Verdict: 4.5/5
Its not the b-e-s-t powder out there, but I have been using it since June and I haven't really found many reasons to replace it. Its not ideal for summers, but in monsoon and winters, when my skin is normal, I like to use it. Even if I'm not wearing any makeup I like to put just this powder over my face. It is weightless and offers light to medium coverage. For the price, I feel its a great product and I definitely recommend it! 

*Prior to this, I have used the Rimmel Stay Matte and Maybelline Clearglow compact powders. While they are available at half the price of this one, I found them comparatively poorer in quality. I would advise you to invest in a good quality compact if powders are integral to your makeup routine.