Lotus Herbals Kiwi & Grapes Revitalizing Skin Polisher- Review and Swatches

Its a well known fact that you should use gel based products during summer, simply because they are light weight. I for one, don't even like cream based products for body bath, they feel too thick. We both, me and Pranita, use shower gels all year. Once in a while I do use cream based goodies in the bath, but then I always end up feeling hot and warm, even if its cold. During winters I use Shea butters and thick lotions after bath, but in the bath it is always gel. That's why I went for this Lotus Herbals polisher. Apart from the attractive main ingredients( Grapes and Kiwi, oh yea!), this is gel based and not cream!


*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com



Price: Rs.245.

Qty:100 gm

What the company claims:

Especially formulated for sensitive skin . It gently deep cleanses, tightens pores and rejuvenates skin.



My take on the product:-

Its so pretty looking! And smells good too! Aesthetically speaking, its very appealing, with black and light green/white beads suspended in green gel, I find it very unique, considering its a drugstore product and everything. It also has a stopper underneath the lid.


*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com

Doesn't it look pretty?!
      It has a light fragrance. I'm not a fan of the smell which has light notes of grapes and kiwi and stronger notes of something else. But the smell doesn't linger. Though it is meant for face, I find it too coarse for that so I use it on my body, and it works as a nice exfoliator for the body.

Lets have a closer look at the main ingredients-
(Sources: Lotus Herbals website and Livestrong website)

Kiwi: Kiwis contain vitamins and other nutrients that contribute to healthy, soft and glowing skin.The kiwi fruit is rich in vitamin A, C and E. Vitamin C, which is a water-soluble antioxidant, can protect the body from free radicals. Free Radicals are anything from pollution, sunlight, and external conditions which attack and damage skin from daily environmental factors. Vitamin C is needed to produce collagen, a protein that helps to firm your skin. Kiwi helps in delaying aging.


Grapes: Grape seed oil has mildly astringent qualities, which help to tighten and tone the skin, making it a good cosmetic ingredient for anti-aging products.


So, on the whole
 this product on the whole should help in slowing down aging, but this is not the claim made by the company. I didn't see any tightening of pores, but then I didn't use it on my face. However I did feel extremely cleansed and rejuvenated. I've begun to use this once every week and also on those days when I feel grimy. I can use this product all year around, especially in this rainy weather.





                  The  plastic jar packaging is a fail, its extremely unhygienic to keep dipping your fingers to scoop out the product. I need 2 tablespoons for a wash so I take out that much before a bath. This way, several people can use the same product, although I'm the only one using it at my home!

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com

Here's a swatch:- 


It looks great right? Drool-worthy!
Summing up what I feel about Lotus Herbals Kiwi & Grapes Revitalizing Skin Polisher

The good:

  • Cheap
  • It looks so good
  • Exfoliates and cleanses
The bad:
  • The unhygienic jar packaging.
  • The beads are too coarse to be used on all skin types.
Overall verdict:- 3/5 
I wouldn't say this is a must-have, but if you are on budget, or  like gel scrubs or just like good-looking products (:P) this will not disappoint you!

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com