Straight from my bathroom - The Body Shop Limited Edition Blueberry Shower Gel



Hello ladies! Looking forward to the weekend? I know I am! ;)

This is the first time I’m reviewing a shower gel on my blog. I seriously don’t think these things need to be reviewed because it’s a matter of personal choice, tastes and preferences. However, I love to know about all the shower gels/creams out there because I like to try out new ones every time, so when I find a blog post about the same, I go and check out the product. The Blueberry Shower Gel is a new release all over the globe by The Body Shop. It’s supposed to be special/limited edition but its priced the same as the regular shower gels. I’ve read a lot of reviews about this one and the general consensus is that its a much loved product. But did it rock my world? Read on to know :)

The Body Shop Blueberry Shower Gel Review in India
I thought a picture in my bathroom was appropriate...:)
Price: Rs.425
Qty: 250ml

I’ve been through countless The Body Shop shower gels and creams: Strawberry, Raspberry, Cocoa, Chocomania, The Brazil Nut and now the Blueberry. There’s a reason I keep buying them although The Body Shop unfairly increases the price every few months- they’re good quality and sometimes, especially during winters, my skin needs some TLC and TBS has the creamiest shower stuff.



However, truth be told, I feel that all the The Body Shop shower gels are the same: The consistency is a perfect balance between runny and thick and they lather up nicely. They are gentle on the body and also slightly moisturizing (this depends on your skin type). So, in my books, the only point of difference between The Body Shop Blueberry Shower gel and the rest of them is the fragrance (or smell, in my case).
It has a faint blue color
The Body Shop Blueberry Shower Gel Review in India

I find that when smelled directly from the bottle, it smells intensely of blueberries. It’s a very strong fragrance and that light whiff of something artificial is definitely there. Had the fragrance been toned down a bit, the artificial-ness might not have come through. Personally, the strong artificial smell of blueberries does not make my shower time enjoyable. Even when I take it out on my hand and dilute it with water, I can get the smell. Thankfully, it does not linger on my body.

I know that a lot of people are a fan of the scent, but honestly, I don’t like it a bit. Especially compared to other ranges like Raspberry, Strawberry and The Brazil Nut, which according to me, smell heavenly. Too bad it doesn’t smell like the Blueberry Body Butter, now that actually smells divine! Coming to the performance of the Blueberry shower gel, like I said before, I find it the same as the other shower gels from TBS.

Overall Verdict: 2/5

The Body Shop Blueberry Shower Gel Review in India

Well, my opinion won’t be popular but anyways; I do not think the Blueberry Shower Gel is a must have. Honestly I'm a little miffed at this 'Special Edition' shower gel, The Body Shop can definitely come up with better stuff!

Have you tried the Blueberry Shower gel from The Body Shop?