Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tints in Pop of Pink (001) and Sunkissed Cherry (004)- Review and Swatches

I’ve been meaning to put up posts on my blog but I’m feeling so uninspired lately. That’s what happens when you’re on vacays, more time equals slowing down of brain. Today I’m feeling invigorated. Why? Because I took a ride on Mumbai’s metro..boy is that baby fast!! I totally loved it, now I feel like travelling only through metro. I also saw Holiday last week…no I didn’t like it. It has a lovely message but the film has so many unrealistic elements.

Anyways, let’s talk makeup. We all love makeup that works without much effort.  I get like 5 min to put on makeup and head out the door, if you’re a working woman or a college student, you’ll can empathize. Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tints are one of those products that will help you speed up your makeup but falls short in one important aspect.


Price: $2.99 each
Qty: 14ml/0.47 fl oz each

Company Claims (taken from UK Website):
Perfect for any occasion: the blush blends instantly and seamlessly to create a long lasting, natural-looking flush of colour that lasts up to 24 hours.
Ultra lightweight, won’t feel heavy.
Lasts all day.

Shades Available:
Pop of Pink(001)
Touch of Berry(002)
Peach Flush (003)
Sunkissed Cherry(004)
Apricot Glow(005)

My take on Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tints:

Packaging: 

The Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek tints come in a simple, no fuss tube packaging. I don’t know if you can tell by the pics but they’re really small in size. About the size of your eye cream tube and judging by the quantity(14ml of the blush Vs 15ml in eyecream) that’s about right.


Texture:
This is not a “liquid” blush, it has a mousse-like texture. Also it stains my finger after application. True to its claims, it has a weightless feel on the skin.


Color:

left: swatch, right: blended

Pop of Pink (001) : A warm pink that might appear slightly coral on lighter skin tones. I thought this would show up well on my medium skin tone but most of the times it just disappears away with blending. I have to really build coverage for this to show up

left: swatch, right: blended

Sunkissed cherry (004): By ‘sunkissed cherry’ I think Rimmel meant ‘tomatoes’ (think of a orange tomato, not red) and this does give a similar color on my cheeks. It shows up as a faint apricot-orangey color on my cheeks. 
Though the pigmentation looks good in my arm swatches, both of these show up only as a sheer wash of color and can be built up for more pigmentation.
Also, these will suit fair-too-medium skin tones only.

Application & after

Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek tints are SUPER easy to apply. Just take a pea sized amount on your finger tip and pat to blend. Even if you’ve never used cream or mousse blushes, or even powder blushes for that matter, you’ll have no problem applying this. Also, these need to be layered to show up and be done so effortlessly, they don’t settle into lines or enlarge my pores or become cakey or heavy or obvious. Their texture is that perfect. I’ve applied it over powdered face so many times and they’ve never caused any problems in application.

When applied and blended for the first layer, I found that the Pop of Pink sheered out a lot and kind of disappeared in to my skin. Sunkissed Cherry leaves good amount of color on my cheeks on first layer application. They definitely give just a natural looking flush on my medium skintone.

Weartime

For all that perfect texture, this blush fails in the wear time category for me, maybe because of my combination-oily skin. When I apply 3-4 layers of this and stay in an air conditioned environment, it stays for 4-5 hours. But if I’m not, then it fades away in 2 hours! Rimmel claims ’24 Hour wear’, which is ridiculous to me. It probably might wear longer if I apply primer and setting spray and all that jazz. I have worn it as a base for a powder blush but even then it faded away.

Final Verdict: 3/5

I absolutely love the texture of the Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek tints, its an absolute winner and even beginners will love it because its so easy to apply. However it isn’t long lasting on my skin unless I’m in an ac environment and that’s a serious drawback for me. Overall, I like these blushes and I do recommend them, especially to beginners, but I will advise you to prime your face before you apply these so that you can actually ‘stay blushed’ all day. 

To know where I got these from go HERE.

Now you tell me one product in your vanity that’s super easy to apply, I wanna know! :D