Last look for 2013 | Happy New Year!!!


So 2014 finally came, I’m so happy I was at home to welcome it and not at my college hostel. Actually I am bunking the first week of college so that I can be at home. I hope all of you had a wonderful night and bestest wishes for 2014. May this year be prosperous for all of us!

Some fun facts about 2013:
  1. 2013 is composed of four different digits, and is the first such year since 1987.
  2. 2013 is composed of four sequential digits, although obviously not in order. The last such year was nearly 600 years ago, back in 1432. But the next such year is only 18 years away.
  3. More than 16 billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram
  4. There are over 1 billion unique monthly visitors on YouTube
  5. The Oxford Dictionaries word of the year 2013 is “selfie”. selfie noun, informal (also selfy; plural selfies) a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website. The frequency of the word selfie in the English language has increased by 17,000% since this time last year.

 I had an indoors party, so here’s the look I did for the night. I first used a white kajal pencil on my eye lids as a base. Then I used cranberry, pink and silvery pink e/s from a Faces quad and a dark color from another Faces palette. I used Lakme Eyeconic kajal in black, drew a line and smudged it, also used on waterline and to tightline. Then I lined my eyes with Maybelline Hypersharp Eyeliner. These pictures are before I put mascara. I used Maybelline’s gloss in Mirrored Mauve and Inglot blush refill #58. So all in all, very pink look. 






Sources: Fact 1 & 2 from Here, Fact 3 & 4 from Here, Fact 5 from Here.

How did you bring in the new year?