CURRENT MAKEUP FAVORITES [SUMMER EDITION]

Summers in India are something different altogether. We are blessed with hot, tropical climate that can get pretty humid in coastal areas. This post isn't about my favorite makeup that will last if you're outside whole day in summer. Its simply about what I'm loving on a daily basis to work, in spite of the weather.

There are some products that I always reach for if I want my makeup to last long, like the Colorbar Face Primer and The Body Shop Lip & Cheek tint as blush. But if I'm not outside for a major part of the day, I'll skip using primer and other products that help my makeup more durable. This post is a mixture of some products that last long & some that wear off soon.

MAC Face And Body Foundation (Rs.2400) - Is it odd that I like using this more during summers than winters? I like how it keeps my skin looking fresh and lively, something I find I'm in constant need of because I end up getting just 5-6 hours of sleep. I mostly use my fingers to apply this.

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte+Poreless Foundation (Rs.525) - another foundation I love for daily wear to the office, plus my face stays matte the whole day after I've worn this ! Review & swatches here. I noticed that this foundation feels cool on the skin (even without using the sponge mentioned below), yet another reason to love it!

Beauty Blender ($20) - there's no better way to apply your foundation & concealer during hot summer months than using a damp sponge. I love how my face feels *cool* afterwards plus its flawlessly blended. Review here.

Freedom Makeup Pro Contour Kit in Medium 02 (Rs.675) - What the picture isn't telling you is that this palette is small in size. Because of this, I can carry this in my purse. It also has a small mirror that I can use for touch ups including retouching my contour. The powders are also soft, east to blend and not powdery at all.


Forever 21 Love & Beauty Contour brush (Rs.539) – This brush came in a kit with 3 other brushes. My sister had bought it, but this brush wasn’t of much use to her. I exchanged my RT Contour brush with her for this brush because it is a much slimmer brush and perfect for contouring my face. I’ve been applying a bit of contour everyday to work because this brush makes it so easy.

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La (Rs.1450) - Love this shade & formula, especially this time of the year. I had first started wearing it in winters, but due to the weather the shade didn’t look as lovely as it does in summers. In some lights it looks coral too. Review & swatch here.

Sivanna Colors Corrector & Brighten Kit Shade 04 (Rs.350) – Not only does this come at an amazing price tag, you get a BEAUTIFUL true pinky-peach colored blush. I love blushes that are light in color and do not make my skin look tanned. This falls right into that category. The blush alone makes the palette worth it, & truthfully I do not like the highlighter, its to silvery for my skintone. Why this blush-contour-highlight palette is a called a corrector kit I’ll never understand…

Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder (Rs.710) – I did not like this powder in summers last year, when my skin was normal-combination. Now, my skin is normal and I actually like using this in summers on a day-to-day basis. Last year I found myself reaching for loose powder this time of the year but now I’m totally besotted by this powder. It feels like a loose powder in compact form. Review & swatch here. [This is not pictured here because I broke the mirror]

Summer Favorites Freedom Pro Contour Kit Sivanna Blush Highlight Contour


What products are you currently loving? Let me know in the comments !!