MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La

Confusion, thy name is Brick-O-La…Have you ever met a shade that you couldn’t put into any single color category? Described by MAC as a mid-tone berry, in my eyes, the color couldn’t be farther away from berry.

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La Review Swatches Price in India

Brick-O-La is my first MAC lipstick. When I went to the MAC store with the intention of buying lipstick, the MUA there made me pick up 3 shades & try them 1-by-1. I went through 5 shades before finally finding something that made me go ‘Wow’. Even the SA(who was quite sweet) noticed my happy reaction. Brick-O-La glided ever so smoothly on my lips and the color was so unique, I had nothing like it in my collection of ~20 lipsticks. Therefore, it was definitely coming home with me.

SHADE vs SKINTONE ~ I still find it hard to describe the color of Brick-O-La. I can tell you that its a mixture of pink, brown and red. It has never looked like a berry shade on me, but given the mixture of shades it has, it can look different on different skin tones. Also, it looks deeper during nights.

APPLICATION & AFTER ~ Brick-O-La is from the Amplified Creme range. It’s the smoothest lipstick I’ve ever tried & glides across my lips effortlessly. I love how it feels on my lips. The finish also makes my lips look fuller. It’s also quite pigmented, 1-2 swipes are sufficient to cover pigmented lips. While the formula is moisturizing, its not a cure for chapped lips, nor does it claim to be. Another thing I love about it is that it doesn’t accidentally transfer to my teeth (a problem I face with other creme finish lipsticks)

PRODUCT vs. DURABILITY ~ Brick-O-La comfortably lasts on my lips as long as I don’t have a meal. Small snacks will do, but since the lipstick is crème finish, it transfers.

REMOVAL ~ Easy to remove, even without makeup remover.

PACKAGING ~ Personally, I don’t like the MAC lipstick packaging; it looks sophisticated in the store, but back home with my other lipsticks, there’s nothing about it that will hint that its expensive. In fact, L’Oreal Moist Matte lipsticks look fancier.

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La Review Swatches Price in India

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La Review Swatches Price in India

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La Review Swatches Price in India

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La Review Swatches Price in India

MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Brick-O-La Review Swatches Price in India

Product vs Price :
Price : Rs.1450 / $22 (but available for $17 in the US)
Cost : 3 g / 0.1 oz
 Shelf Life : 24 months
Availability : NYKAA // MAC stores in India.

Final Verdict : 4.8/5
I’ve always felt that its ridiculous to spend so much money of 3gm of lipstick, but there’s something in the MAC Amplified Crème lipstick formula that feels very luxurious & different from other lipsticks I’ve tried. The money definitely pinches but the unique shade and formula mostly make-up for it (ha! pun spotted). If you’re in search of a high-end lipstick, maybe as a gift or so, do check out Brick-O-La from MAC

Have you tried MAC cosmetics lipsticks ? Let me know in the comments !