Online Shopping Experience - Review of ASOS and a small Haul !

I’m soooo happy! My ASOS Haul is here!

 This is what I wanted write on 14th, when this parcel arrived, unfortunately I wasn’t able to blog because I had to pack and come back to college. Plus, I had to take ALOT of pictures for future posts (hence a few posts may have the same background).

Well, this post is about ASOS, and what I brought from it.


ASOS.com is one of the UK's largest online-only fashion and beauty stores. ASOS.com offers over 50,000 branded and own label product lines across womenswear, menswear, footwear, accessories, jewellery and beauty. ASOS has websites targeting the UK, USA, France, Germany, Spain, Russia, Italy, Australia and China and also ships to over 237 other countries from its two distribution centres in the UK.

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com

I placed my order on 1st December and received it on 14th December, the shipping was free, ASOS offers free shipping for all countries it can ship to as of now. My sister has placed a lot of orders from ASOS and this was by far the fastest, they usually take 1 month. My sister always orders 1 piece of clothing at a time(yeah, she’s too rich! :-P ) and that takes a month to reach and is delivered to us in India by speed post, aka government mail. They charge some Rs.200-300 as custom duty each time. However, this particular delivery reached us through DTDC, a private courier service and no custom duty was charged by the delivery guy. I don’t know why it was shipped through a private courier service, but maybe because there was make-up this time.

The delivery probably would have been faster if I had not been prompted for payment of a customs duty charge for one of the products on 6th December. I made the payment online through PayPal (without creating any account with them). Few days later ,when I went on the WNDirect website ( WNDirect is a courier service, I think it was used by ASOS to deliver my order from UK to India) to track the order it was still shown as “Courier Held” so I wrote an enquiry mail to both ASOS and WNDirect. I received a reply saying that the package was in the country and I would receive it shortly and 1 day later I received it through DTDC.

And the important part, this is what I brought:

(the cloth in the background is actually a top my sister ordered from ASOS. Its very pretty, has a bow on the back. I can't find it on ASOS.com now, but I'm sure it will be back!)
  • Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in Pop of Pink and Sunkissed Cherry. Price: £4.49 each
  • Carmex Strawberry Lipbalm (Had to pay additional £0.86 as custom duty for this) Price: £2.55
  • Carmex Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm in Berry. Price: £4.55

Yes, I’m a lip balm hoarder. The only reason I didn’t buy all varieties of the Carmex lip balm is because I asked my friend who is currently in US to get me an EOS lip balm and I thought I should wait before I buy any more. Did I do the right thing? I ask myself that question everyday.

I really enjoyed this online shopping experience, the best part is that I got free shipping and an option to track my order! I want sooo many things from ASOS, maybe I'll do one more haul before the year ends =)