Review & Swatches ~ Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick in Mauve Fix

Lakmé Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipsticks launched last year and because they were priced quite reasonable I immediately picked up a shade to try out. The collection doesn’t have a good variety of shades if you’re medium-dusky skin toned and are into nudes and rosy pinks. The only shade that I was drawn to was Mauve Fix.

Lakmé Mauve Fix Absolute Sculpt Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Review and Lip Swatches

COLOR vs SKINTONE ~ Mauve Fix is a very pretty rosy pink color. The shade has hints of mauve to it. I’ve noticed that the mauve undertone isn’t very visible on my skintone, especially when I’m in artificial lighting. I think it’s a great mauve pink color for fair to medium skintones. My skin tone is NC42 in MAC foundations which I think falls on the duskier side of medium skin tones. This shade is similar to Sultry from Revlon Matte Balms range

APPLICATION & AFTER ~ The shape of the lipstick bullet makes it hard for me to keep the lipstick between my lip lines. I always use a lip brush to fill in my lips & line them when I use this lipstick. The Lakme Absolute Sculpt Matte lipsticks are matte lipsticks, so you have to make sure your lips are prepped and chap-free before using this. The lipstick glides really easily over the lips. I had to stop using the bullet directly, but if you use it directly on your lips, there is no tugging or uneven application. That’s something I love the most about this lipstick, apart from its shade. Despite the shade not being a dark one, it’s very pigmented and covers pigmented lips easily. However, I will say that this lipstick does not glide as easily on my lips as the Revlon Matte Balms do.



PRODUCT vs. DURABILITY ~ This can last for a long period unless you have a meal in between. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work well with full meals. Just have water and light snacks if you plan to wear this for a long period. Since it is a matte lipstick, if you don’t drink water often, you will find it very drying.

REMOVAL ~ I apply a lot of layers of this lipstick and its best removed by a makeup remover if you apply that much product.

PACKAGING ~ I think we can all agree that the Absolute Sculpt Matte Lipsticks have a very chic, mirror finish packaging. The lipsticks come in paperbox outer packaging, the lipstick is further packed inside a plastic, this ensures your product is hygenic. The cap of the lipstick closes with a satisfying click! Since the cap is transparent, you can make out the different shades, although that requires a bit more effort.

Lakmé Mauve Fix Absolute Sculpt Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Review and Lip Swatches

Lakmé Mauve Fix Absolute Sculpt Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Review and Lip Swatches

Lakmé Mauve Fix Absolute Sculpt Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Review and Lip Swatches

Lakmé Mauve Fix Absolute Sculpt Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Review and Lip Swatches

Lakmé Mauve Fix Absolute Sculpt Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Review and Lip Swatches

Lakmé Mauve Fix Absolute Sculpt Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Review and Lip Swatches

PRODUCT vs. PRICE ~ It costs Rs.700 for 3.7g. I think its reasonably priced for the quality & quantity you get. And the Lakme range is almost always on sale at Nykaa, so you can get this lipstick for cheaper online.
Available at Nykaa , Amazon , Jabong   (currently on discount)

Final Verdict ~ 4.7 / 5
I think Lakme has made a great range of lipsticks at the right price ! Now they only need to expand the shade range to more daily-wear shades like the 9-to-5 range has! Definitely recommend you to try out at least one shade from this range :) Mauve Fix is a gorgeous color, totally loving it for everyday-wear. 


My go-to winter lipstick was this color topped off with the Shameless from Revlon Matte Balms Range.