For the everyday glow - Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer

If you see my complaints on other bloggers’ blog posts, till date, there probably isn’t a product I’ve expressed more dissatisfaction against than the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer. The dissatisfaction was simply because the product took a long time to dispense, and that would frustrate me. However, when I finally got it to work quicker (thanks to Khushi’s tip on NotOnlyMakeup), I could see why everyone praises the Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Honey Shades Review Swatches

I have the darkest shade – Honey. It is the darkest shade in India as well as abroad. Honey is still lighter than my skin tone (NC42 in MAC), so while I can’t use it for concealing purposes, I can use it as a highlighter. The other shades available are Ivory & Buff.

I have to agree all reviews I’ve read about the Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer, its very easy to blend, even on top of 2-3 layers of concealer previously applied. I like the highlighting effect it gives to my under eye area, especially if I’m wearing specs, it makes me look less dorky :P. I cannot see any shimmer in the product or in its swatches. You can also achieve the same effect by using a concealer in a lighter shade but because the Lumi Touch Highlighter has a lighter texture, its easier to use. I love to use it for work (if I have the time), to liven up my face and give it a subtle glow.

I also love to use the Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer as a brow highlight, all around my brows, it makes them look more distinct, well-shaped and fierce! Coverage wise it offers medium coverage so its good to conceal small brow hairs that I’m not able to tweeze out.

To use the Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer, you have to rotate the bottom of tube a couple of times (approx. 10 times for the first try) so that the concealer dispenses on to the brush head. Like I said before, it takes a long time for the concealer to dispense, so it’s a good idea to rotate the bottom a couple of times and store the tube upside down before you start doing your makeup, by the time you reach the highlighting stage the concealer should have reached the brush.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Honey Shades Review Swatches

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Honey Shades Review Swatches

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Honey Shades Review Swatches

Product vs Price :
Price : Rs.500 /$7.5
Qty: 1.5ml / 0.05 oz
Availability : Amazon, Flipkart
To be honest, it feels pricey for the quantity & the brand, I feel it should have been priced around Rs.400. The packaging isn’t very fancy either, the etching on my tube is already coming off & I bought the product less than an year ago.

Overall Verdict : 4.5 / 5
I really like how the Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer easily blends and gives a lovely highlighted effect wherever its applied. Definitely check it out, you won’t be disappointed. I would recommend buying it during sale time. The only thing that truly upsets me is the limited shade range, deeper skinned beauties will not find a suitable shade.