Skincare Favorites of 2015

2015 was a great year for me in terms of skin care. I discovered products that have kept my skin blemish-free, even during my period ! It doesn't get better than that, does it ? 
Here are some of the skincare that really stood out in 2015 :

Iraya Kumkumadi Facial oil - I got a lot of compliments from my family coz of how amazing my skin was looking after using this. Enough said, right ? Full review here

The Body Shop Warming Mineral Face Mask  - This clay face mask makes for the perfect winter indulgence; as you apply it on your face, you’ll notice that it warms up. This feeling is very comforting, especially in winters. It is able to detox my skin very well & reduce blemishes, spots and marks to a great extent. Full review here.

Just Herbs Petalsoft Antitan Rose Face Pack - I had just a sample size of this product that lasted for a good amount of time for me. I loved using this because of its rose fragrance, the whole experience was therapeutic. I want to repurchase it for the summer season, which is the time I enjoyed using this face mask the most. More deets in this post. I must say that I love how Just Herbs has amped up the packaging now, it doesn't look like the tin in my collage anymore. 


TheFaceShop Mango Seed sheet mask – I really started to appreciate this moisturizing mask when I could not find anything similar in the Indian market. Now I have just one sheet left which I’m saving for a special occasion. Full review here.

Kama Ayurveda Rose & Jasmine Cleanser – although I started using it in December, it easily beats every facewash I used last year, including the pricey TBS Aloe Gentle Facewash & the popular Just Herbs Silksplash one. I did a first impression post on this KA face wash here on my instagram account.

Bioderma Sensibio H20 Micelle Solution – Must.Have.Makeup.Remover. Reviewed here.

Kara Makeup Removal Wipes – So far these are the best makeup wipes I’ve come across. I’ve been using them regularly because of the super cold weather & also when I’m travelling and don’t want to finish up my super expensive Bioderma.

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil - my goto product when I want to quickly get rid of all my long wearing makeup & it never disappoints ! It is a bit of a trouble to use though. See full review & demo.

Vichy Thermal Spa Water – I initially did not expect it to do much and did not see much effects, but it gradually worked effectively to eliminate breakouts; it fortifies my skin. Full review here. I have already repurchased this.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub - the granules of this creamy scrub are just right – coarse yet gentle. It never strips moisture from my face & cleans my skin superbly. Its also sulphate, paraben & phthalates free...full review here. I’ve already purchased another version of this one (anti-ageing) because this particular variant wasn’t in-stock.

Gilette Venus razor – As long as Gilette doesn’t introduce other venus razors that can beat it, I will continue to use & repurchase this one.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreens - they are lightweight, non-comedogenic, oil free broad spectrum sunscreens that protect my skin from tanning. I did a post on sunscreens last year where I have reviewed both of these. I use it everyday.

Nivea in Shower Body Milk (dry skin) -Wow, just wow. It has to be applied post bath & washed off, and it actually moisturizes my skin. This is a genius idea for dry skinned lazy people like me.

The Body Shop Organic Cotton RoundsI know that you can get cotton rounds literally anywhere, but I’ve been so disappointed with every brand of cotton rounds I’ve ever tried. Enter TBS cotton rounds, they are super soft, even at the edges and most importantly, they do not disintegrate during use. Already repurchased.

Bonus mention : Za Total Hydration Milky Moisturizer . I've loved using this lightweight but very effective moisturizer on my skin for most part of the year. I makes me sad that Za pulled out from India. 

Please let me know your favorites too ! And have you tried any of the products I listed above?