Just Herbs Products – My Thoughts

Just Herbs has gained a lot of popularity in 2014, and that is the reason why I decided to try out some of their products. I placed my order from the Just Herbs website and I had to pay Rs.50 for shipping since my order did not meet the minimum amount for free shipping. I got my order delivered to Mumbai in 6 days. Hope you don’t mind the lengthy post, sorry!
Apart from their website, you can find Just Herbs products at Flipkart, Nykaa, Amazon, Luxola . Their products are all natural ayurvedic pdts, free from petrochemicals, parabens, SLS/SLES PEG/PPG, Genetically modified ingredients(GMO) and other synthetic ingredients

You can WhatsApp Just Herbs on +91 8054948180 to get a consultation on what products you need to use.That's how they operate actually, the treatments are bespoke according to your skin type. However, I don't think that's of much use because they recommended me the same products when my skin was combination & when it was normal. I also told them that I do not have any acne problems, still they recommended me products like "anti blemish gel" both times ! That's why I decided to ignore their consultation & buy products I needed :)
Now, moving onto the reviews.....

Just Herbs Silksplash Neem-Orange Rehydrant Face Wash Bhringraj Tail Review

Just Herbs Silksplash Neem-Orange Rehydrant Face Wash:
An ideal rehydrant foaming Ayurvedic cleanser with the natural goodness of neem, Chandan(sandal wood) and honey. It  gently removes the last traces of dust, grime and make-up residue, yet retaining the inherent moisture of the skin. While Sandal Wood is moisturising and anti-inflammatory, Calendula acts as natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent with sun radiation protective properties. Aloe Vera, Honey and Orange peel deeply moisturize leaving the skin with an amazing sense of freshness and a velvety sheen all day long.
Price: Rs.245/~$4
Qty: 100ml
Availability: Just HerbsNykaa | Amazon 
Review: When I received this cleanser, a lot of product had leaked out. After one month of usage, its pump had completely broken. Also, the stickers on its body have been disintegrating as you can see from the pics, which makes it incredibly inconvenient to use. It smells like fevicol to me, but not as strong. It’s a slightly thick gel cleanser. At first, I felt its just like any normal cleanser. Then after 2 months of using this, I had to use a non-herbal cleanser, the L’Oreal Hydra Fresh one once and I could realize the difference. Silksplash is very very gentle compared to other cleansers. It doesn’t make the skin feel dry or irritated post wash. I use it to cleanse my face & on the days when I wear makeup, I use to get rid of the residue of makeup cleanser. It does not prevent my skin from getting pimples.
Rating: 3/5 
Because of the bad quality of packaging I won’t be repurchasing it, but if you’re in search of a mild cleanser, this is a good option to try out.

Just Herbs Silksplash Neem-Orange Rehydrant Face Wash Bhringraj Tail Review

Just Herbs Bhringraj Tail:
(The product was nearly finished when I took pictures, the actual oil looks yellow in the bottle)
An ancient formulation of therapeutic herbs which help invigorate and revitalize the scalp thus stimulating the hair follicles for more healthy new growth of hair. Hot oil deep conditioning treatment with this oil helps prevent hair fall, dandruff and delays greying. It also helps hair becoming naturally black and luminously shiny. An excellent tonic for the Nervous System, it also promotes sound sleep
Price: Rs.395/~$6.4
Qty: 100ml
Availability: Just Herbs | Nykaa | Amazon 
Review: I bought this oil because I am suffering from heavy hairfall, also the texture of my hair had gotten quite dry and rough. I did not expect this to perform miracles, but I hoped that it would do either of the two- reduce hair fall or improve hair condition. Unfortunately, it was not able to do either. I warmed this up before use as per the instructions & applied it to my scalp. Its not very thick, and after heating, it feels thinner. Post washing, my hair felt little drier than before. It did not promote hair growth either. After using it 6-7 times for a month I was not happy with the results so I gave it to my sister who has little hairfall. It did not help her either. Overall, I am not impressed with this product, it literally does nothing for the hair. It does not “Deep Condition” as per claims.
Rating: 1/5 
 Pricey, ineffective, not recommended.

Just Herbs Aloevera-Wheatgerm Moisturising Shampoo Petalsoft Antitan Rose Face Pack review

Just Herbs Silky Strength Aloevera-Wheatgerm Moisturising Shampoo:
A specially formulated shampoo to penetrate the hair shaft, strengthen the roots and nourish the scalp, while effectively cleansing the hair without stripping off its natural oils. Aloe Vera, a potent natural moisturiser and conditioner stimulates the hair follicles while wheat germ oil fights free radicals and provides extra nourishment. Lecithin – a phospholipids derived from soya beans, which emulates the cellular membrane, repairs damaged hair while leaving your hair full and alive with abundant strength, bounce and volume. The therapeutic herbs hibiscus and vetiver help control dandruff, premature greying and split ends to promote growth of luxuriously shiny black hair.
Price: Rs.450/ ~$7
Qty: 200ml
Availability: Just Herbs | Nykaa | Amazon 
Review: I received a sample size of this product with my purchase. Like all herbal shampoos, it is thick. I have been using it for a month and a half & I am not impressed. It leaves my hair drier than before & does not get rid of any hair oil applied. I have applied it 3-4 times during a hair wash still it did not remove the hair oil, 50% of the oil was still there on my hair. 
Rating: 1/5
 Pricey, does not clean off hair oil, makes hair drier, not recommended

Just Herbs Petalsoft Antitan Rose Face Pack:
Fuller’s earth enhanced with skin lightening beauty herbs helps tone, texturise and rejuvenate the skin by maintaining skin elasticity. While Liquorice inhibits the melanin synthesis and soothes chronic inflammations and redness, Holy Basil and Rose protect from the effects of photo ageing due to their radiation protective properties. This pack effectively reduces skin darkening, protects from sun burn and other sun induced skin damage making the skin fairer with a petal soft perfection.
Price: Rs.295 / $4.73
Qty: 150gm
Availability: Just Herbs | NykaaFlipkart
Review: I received a sample size of this product with my purchase. It’s a mud mask as you can see and dries very quickly on the face. I’d recommend working on one area of the face at a time. It has a lovely rose scent. It cleans up the face, leaves it soft and gives a soft glow for few hours. I haven’t noticed any tan reduction, but I couldn’t use it every week because its too drying. Dry patches are noticeable after washing this mask off. It makes blemishes drier & smaller in appearance, but doesn't get rid of them. My skin drinks up moisturizer quickly post this mask
Rating: 4/5 
Effective for deep cleaning the skin, though not as good as other masks that I’ve used. Still, its good for the price it retails at. Since its very drying & meant for tan removal, its best not to use it much in winters. Recommended, if you’re in need of an all-natural, deep cleansing mask.

*I always exfoliate my face for 5 min before applying a face mask. I use a scrub from St.Ives.

I really appreciate Just Herbs' efforts to be completely natural. Although some of their products are lackluster, it is common in any brand! I would really love it if they revamped their packaging, that is the only thing preventing me from repurchasing their products or trying any new ones. They claim to be a luxury brand & therefore I feel that packaging plays a major role. I'm also not thrilled about them for shoving products & not providing a proper consultation, hope they'll improve that aspect as well!

Have you tried Just Herbs? What are your thoughts?