St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub - Review, Where to buy, Price in India

This is the best scrub, ever!

 Ok, I don’t have much to compare the St. Ives Apricot Scrub to. I have just used the old Neutrogena Deep Clean Daily Scrub(now discontinued) & its replacement- NeutrogenaBlackhead Eliminating Deep Clean Daily Scrub. The former(older one) was very effective at scrubbing the face clean but used to leave my face dry, the later(newer one) has very tiny granules that caress & gently exfoliate your face. It is a great daily scrub as it is non-abrasive & doesn’t strip the skin of moisture, but doesn’t give the same effect as a scrub with coarse granules. The St. Ives Apricot Scrub is quite different, and unique. 

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Review Where to buy Price in India

Price: Rs.450/ $7
Qty: 170g
Availability: Amazon

The granules of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub are just right – coarse yet gentle, probably because of the small granule size. It never strips moisture from my face. I love using it before applying face masks & I’ve observed that my face mask works more effectively when this is used beforehand. Every time I scrub my face with the St. Ives Apricot Scrub, my skin feels like it is indeed getting exfoliated. I've seen a reduction in blackheads, but they don't completely disappear. I use a gentle pressure over the scrub when I’m using it to, well, scrub my face. Always use the gentlest pressure with such scrubs, there’s no point in getting aggressive with it, you’ll only hurt your face.

I don’t like using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub during winters when my skin is dry and the climate is dry as well. I don’t have a problem using it in Mumbai because of the humidity, but for other places I prefer to use the Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Scrub instead of this in winters, its just my preference that I don’t like to scrub my skin much when its dry. I know exfoliation can get rid of dry patches etc. but its just not my cup of tea. The St. Ives Apricot Scrub claims to improve skin texture, but I don’t use it 3-4 times a week as suggested. Again, its my personal preference that I like to exfoliate once a week.

Once a week(when my skin isn’t dry), I like to take a small pea sized amount of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub and scrub my face gently. I take just a bit more product for my face(if needed) & neck. I go over my face & neck in circular motion for 5-10min, using the gentlest pressure. I need to keep wetting the tips of my fingers as the scrub gets dry on the face after a while. Then I wash it off & apply my mask. I think the St. Ives Apricot Scrub will suit all skin types, since it doesn’t strip skin of moisture, dry skin won’t get drier & oily skin won’t get oilier.

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Review Where to buy Price in India

ingredients
St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Review Where to buy Price in India

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Review Where to buy Price in India

St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Review Where to buy Price in India

Best Part: the St. Ives Apricot Scrub is sulphate, paraben & phthalates free. Its first ingredient is water & second one is Walnut Shell. Its not pricey.

Overall verdict: 5/5

Go buy the St. Ives Apricot Scrub! If you haven’t already, seriously, you are missing out on something amazing!