Pretty Color - Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bouquet Lipstick in REB07

When the Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bouquet Lipsticks range came out, I wasn’t interested in it at all. Firstly, I do not like the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks; they have a very creamy formula that’s a fuss to wear


Secondly, I didn’t think I’d use the colors, there are very lovely & bright shades in this range and I’m more of a muted-pink lipstick kinda gal. But then… REB07 caught my eye; it seemed exactly like the pink color I tend to gravitate towards. If you are familiar with the lipsticks I’ve reviewed on my blog you’d know what I’m talking about. For reference, see L’Oreal Infallible Lipstick in Tender Berry. I could not find any reviews for REB07 on any of the blogs I follow & I think its because it wasn’t a part of the press package that Maybelline sent to bloggers. To satisfy my curiosity, I decided to purchase it myself.

COLOR ~ I always thought that REB07 is a light pink color with a hint of mauve. However, when I clicked pictures of it for this post, it looked like a pink with hint of coral. Its that classic I’m-a- pink-with-a-hint-of- coral-that-will-confuse-your-camera kind of color. Whatever the shade, it’s such a unique & pretty one. I have nothing like it in my collection so far. REB07 is very bright on my skintone.  The lip swatch isn’t very accurate in terms of describing the shade, so focus on the hand swatch if you want to understand the shade.


COLOR vs SKIN TONE  ~ REB07 does not always flatter my skintone (NC42 in MAC). The pictures were clicked in daylight and it looked good on me then. But sometimes it makes me look tanned in pictures. I realized that the best way to wear this color to flatter my skin tone if I’m going to be photographed is to wear a lighter shade of foundation. I think REB07 is suitable for ladies in the skin tone range NC42 & below.


TEXTURE ~ REB07 has the typical Maybelline Color Sensational texture. Very creamy, settles in lip lines, transfers (see lip swatch)…not the best formula for the price ! I actually have 2 other Color Sensational lipsticks but I never reach for them because of the formula. I need two swipes of this shade to get an even coverage on my lips. Sometimes I use a lip brush to get non-patchy looking lips & hence the lipstick bullet has some dents. You need to exfoliate your lips properly before use otherwise the lipstick will cling to the chapped parts of your lips & look unappealing. This lipstick is as high maintenance as a matte lipstick actually.. However, the creamy finish does look pretty on my lips unless you look at it upclose :)


WEARTIME ~ It stays well as long as you don’t eat/drink. Because it transfers easily you have to be careful about it coming on your teeth or going all over your mouth whilst you eat. Otherwise, it stays put on the lips & doesn’t feather or bleed.

PACKAGING ~ I don’t like how the packaging is nothing fancy like its plastic cover promises. It would be nice to have that ‘REBEL BOUQUET’ actually written across the lid rather than just on the plastic cover. I have this product since months & I actually haven’t gotten rid of its plastic cover.


Ingredients



Product vs Price :
Cost : 450-475 / ~$7
Qty : 3.9g / ~ 0.14 oz
Shades : REB01, REB02, REB04, REB05, REB07
Availability : Amazon | Nykaa (on sale)
I honestly think this lipstick range is over-priced but I don’t know of any good lipsticks in a lesser price range except for the Street Wear Lipsticks (LOVE those). If this range was priced in the 300-350 range, it would have perfect, especially since the packaging is nothing special. 

Overall Verdict : 3.5 / 5

I’m not a fan of the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks’ formula, I just like the shade REB07, its a good one. This lipstick needs as much maintenance as a matte lipstick, possibly more because it also transfers unlike matte lipsticks. I recommend this shade if you’re in search of a new pink lipstick. It is best if worn over a lip liner/ lip primer.