Rave!! NYX Single Eye Shadow in Purple (Review, Swatch, EOTD and Where to Buy)

Today I have an exciting product to share with you! Yes, its an eyeshadow, but its not just any shadow, it’s one of NYX’s bestselling single eye shadow – ES32 Purple. Since Orchid happens to be Pantone’s Color of the Year this year and Purple falls on the deeper end of this spectrum I thought I’d share this little delight with you! Frankly, its much easier to wear purple than orchid on the eyes, especially for Indian skin tones.

 NYX Single Eye Shadow in Purple

Price: Rs.375 /~$6
Qty: 2.7gm / 0.09 oz
NYX single eye shadows are not listed on the NYX website but I seriously hope they’re not discontinued!

I got it from Nykaa HERE. Nykaa displays ES32 as a taupe-ish color but don’t be mislead by that wrong picture. ES32 is a purple shade.
Its listed on eBay here.

Packaging:
NYX Purple is from the single eye shadow range. It comes in a cute square-with-round-edges plastic box with transparent front cover so you can see the shade with ease. The packaging is ok, the plastic attracts dirt and the transparent lid is prone to scratches :( You can depot the pan though.

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Purple (ES32) Review

Color:
ES32 is a beautiful purple color. It has a satin finish minus shimmer and glitter. Its very pigmented and you don’t need a base or a primer for the color to show up. I still use a primer because it’s a must if for me.  What you see in the pan is what you get on swatching and on applying to the lids. I love pairing this color with Celebrate from the Sleek Oh So Special Palette, they both look so good together. This color will suit all skin tones.

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Purple (ES32) Review

NYX Single Eye Shadow in Purple (ES32) Review

Texture & pigmentation:
 It has a satin finish which is quite smooth, kind of similar to Inglot Pearl finish which I also love. The pigmentation is superb. I have pigmented eyelids and just to see if the color shows up on my eyes I applied it as it without a base or primer and the true color showed up beautifully on my eyes. The shadow is easy to work with and blends effortlessly although it’s more powdery than I’d like my eye shadows to be.

EOTD
Here I have worn just NYX Purple all over the lids just to show you its pigmentation. I’ve never worn just this color alone on my eyes


Here have worn NYX Purple all over the lid except for the inner corners and Celebrate on the outer V. I've also worn Maybelline HyperCurl Mascara and Lakme Eyeconic Black kajal.


Overall Verdict: 5/5
I am very fond of purples, but this eye shadow truly deserves a five star rating because of the beautiful color and ease of use. You will definitely not be disappointed by NYX Purple. I do wish the packaging was a little better, but since it’s a drugstore product, you can’t expect much.