The First Easily Available Dry Shampoo in India - L'Oreal Techni Art Fresh Dust Dry Shampoo Review

Dry Shampoo have always sounded magical to me. You spray something on your head, and all of the oiliness (which normally needs two shampoo washes) is gone...whoosh! Like magic, no? Your hair frames your face and unless its not in proper shape, you’ll feel incomplete. I longed to have such a savior because my scalp gets oily sooner than the rest of my hair, and I wanted to postpone my hair wash by a day, or two . Any girl/woman who has a busy life will realize the importance of postponing hair wash by a day. Imaging that you have an exam tomorrow, but your scalp is greasy; you were so busy studying, you forgot to wash your hair all these days. Now what will you do? Take a head bath and risk losing a precious hour of study? Or maybe you can sleep lesser and utilize that time to wash your hair? If you had a dry shampoo you wouldn't have to lose any time.

If you don't know what a dry shampoo is, read THIS article, its pretty helpful!

Sadly I realized that dry shampoos are not available in India, I searched all international shopping sites to find dry shampoos what would fit my budget but I couldn’t find any. Then L’Oreal came to my rescue by introducing their Techni Art Fresh Dust Dry Shampoo earlier this year.  I grabbed it the minute my nearby salon stocked it, and they had stocked just one! :O

L'Oreal Techni Art Fresh Dust Dry Shampoo Review

Price: Rs.950 (~$16)
Qty: 150 ml/5 oz
Its available online at Nykaa

Since I had no clue how to use it, I asked the Salon Guy(stylist?) to show me.  He demonstrated on my sister’s hair which had not been washed since 3 days and was starting to look slightly oily from the roots. He sprayed A LOT of it on her hair and scalp. I think he didn’t have a clue either and was just winging it. Anyways, my sister’s roots soon looked fresh though there wasn’t much volume(as the shampoo claimed). But she complained to me that the next day her hair felt like crap. That was probably because of using the dry shampoo on her hair.

Before I tried it, I read the instructions:
Shake well before use. Spray onto the roots and work the product in evenly. To restore volume, spray approximately 20cm from the hair. Brush your hair to remove any excess product.

So you have to spray it just on your scalp for drying and on your hair to get volume. Also after spraying, you must rub it into your scalp. Since spraying on the hair made my sister’s hair a mess, I decided to skip that part.

How I use it: I hold it 5-6 inches away from my roots and spray, let it settle for a few seconds and then massage it in. I do this all around the front of my crown (that’s the only part that gets oily). If needed, I add a couple of more sprays.

Results: The greasiness/oiliness of my scalp vanishes. To an extent this even volumizes my hair. Its like this: When your scalp is oily, it pretty much looks flat. Compared to that flatness, after you apply this L'Oreal dry shampoo, you’ll see “volume”, because your scalp is now dry. You’ll see the same “volume” if you wash your hair. I hope this makes sense, if not just observe how your hair looks before and after a hair wash.

Duration & Side-Effects: The fresh and dry feeling on my scalp was good even on the second day after using the dry shampoo, but then my scalp started to itch. Since I hadn’t used any other new product on my hair, the itchiness was definitely because of this dry shampoo. So I had to wash off my hair. It doesn’t always make my hair itchy, but it did one time. I don’t overuse it, in fact I use it strictly only when needed because its so pricey. So its not like I had overused this on my hair and that resulted in itchiness. I have read other reviews and no one experienced such a thing, so I’m more confused why it happened!

Once I used this dry shampoo on 7 days dirty hair (exam duration, no judging!), which looked super greasy from the roots and it totally transformed my hair. My hair looked bouncy, like it had just been washed and styled. Sadly that lasted for only 4-5 hours, so this isn’t the best substitute for such occasions.

Ingredients:
Butane, Alcohol Denat, Propane, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Diisopropyl Adipate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance.

Fragrance: The L'Oreal dry shampoo has a nice floral fragrance that doesn’t linger much after use.

I have used it 5 times till now and more than half of the product is over, which means this might last for only 10 uses, which makes this a very overpriced product.

Overall Verdict: 3/5
I like the L'Oreal Fresh Dust dry shampoo because its an effective and lives up to some of its claims. However it did make my scalp itch once so I’m apprehensive about using it again and when used on hair it makes it worse the next day. Also, its super pricey!