Multipurpose Drugstore Gems : Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick in Radiance and Fawn

Maybelline Clearglow BB Stick was one of my goto base products for summer, when I needed full coverage I opted for the Lakme White Intense Foundation & when I was lazy I just used the Kryolan concealers to fake the appearance of perfect skin. Anytime in between, I relied on these Maybelline BB Sticks. I loved using them A LOT because :
-They have medium coverage
-They are very lightweight
-Blend in to the skin easily
-Matte finish
-Long wear time
-Easy to take off
-Has SPF 21 and PA+++ which means it has broad spectrum protection. Read more in my sunscreen post. So its perfect for giving you extra protection in hotter months.

Multipurpose Drugstore Gems : Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick Radiance and Fawn Review Swatches Price

However it has one very big con – Maybelline Clearglow BB Sticks are available in only two shades. JUST TWO.

Packaging : the Maybelline Clearglow BB Sticks come in a foundation stick kind of packaging, you can use a brush to take a product from the tip of just glide it across your face. Either way, it’s a bit unsanitary so I make sure to sanitize them regularly. I like this style though; its pretty convenient to use and see how much is left, and you can finish up the product completely. 

Shades : Radiance is a light color that will suit fair skin tones. Fawn is a darker color that will suit medium to deep skintones. Both shades seem to have pink undertones. I’m NC42 in MAC and Radiance is 2-3 shades lighter than my skintone and Fawn is 1.5 shades darker. 

Texture : They start out creamy but once blended, they settle into a matte finish. I set my face with a powder afterwards. These are not meant for dry skin (there’s a liquid variant). They are very lightweight. I use it by gliding the product directly from the tube on my face. Both Radiance & Fawn are easy to blend. I don't think they gave my skin any sort of glow.

Coverage : The coverage is medium imo, its definitely higher than what the Garnier BB cream offers. I find that I can cover small spots and blemishes with the Maybelline BB Sticks. I do not have many imperfections on my skin except for some pigmentation around my mouth and dark circles which require the use of corrector & concealer separately. I do not have large open pores or acne scars so I cannot comment how this product will affect them.

For an embarrassingly long period of time, I thought Fawn is a perfect match for me & I wore it on my whole face. In my defense, it looked perfect in the mirror !! After I had my picture clicked couple of times, when I hung out with friends & so on, I saw that my skin looked 2 shades darker and I was really surprised and I wondered why that’s happening… my skin looked right in the mirror dammit. Either the color oxidizes or its darker for me, right ? I realized that it is indeed darker than my skintone and it oxidizes a bit too. This was a huge bummer, Maybelline Clearglow BB Stick was one of my goto products & I couldn’t use it anymore :/
Because I really liked the Maybelline Clearglow BB Stick , I decided to purchase the lighter shade – Radiance. I mixed these two to get a match for my skintone. However, since summer has ended, I’m using these two in a new way – for highlighting and contouring. Fawn doesn’t have a warm undertone, my contour doesn’t look muddy. Since the Maybelline Clearglow BB Sticks have medium coverage, the effect is very natural and I like it that way. If I want to take it a step further, I set them with the highlight & contour shades from the Sleek Face Form Kit. If you are very fair, Fawn can give you chiselled cheekbones.

Weartime : these are the longest wearing amongst the BB creams I’ve tried. I found that it was still there on my skin 7 hours after I first applied it. It did fade overtime, but not completely. I feel like they do oxidise a bit overtime. I needed a makeup remover wipe to get it completely off. In contrast, the Garnier and Deborah Milano BB Creams fade away in 5 hrs and a facewash is enough for getting rid of them completely. I have a normal skintype, though it was normal-combination in summers.

Multipurpose Drugstore Gems : Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick Radiance and Fawn Review Swatches Price

Multipurpose Drugstore Gems : Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick Radiance and Fawn Review Swatches Price

Multipurpose Drugstore Gems : Maybelline Clear Glow BB Stick Radiance and Fawn Review Swatches Price

Product vs Price :
Price : Rs. 250 / $3.8
Qty : 10g / 0.35
Availability : Nykaa 
I think that for the product, the price is right!

Overall Verdict : 4.2/5
The Maybelline Clearglow BB Stick is a great buy, especially if you are on a budget. It provides a medium coverage which is great for everyday wear, brunches and errands. Unfortunately they are available in just 2 colors so you might have to buy both to find the right match for your skin. They can also be used for giving your skin a natural looking highlight and contour, which again is perfect for everyday!