Favorite: Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm in Berry

Hi everyone! 
I’m back with another Carmex lip balm. I have previously tried the Carmex Moisturizing lip balm & the Ultra Moisturising version (love this one) and I’ve been blown away by the results! I expected the same from the one I’m reviewing today – Carmex Moisture Plus SPF 15 Hydrating Lip Balm, and I’m not disappointed at all!

Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm in Berry Review Lip Swatch FOTD

Price: Rs. 461 / GBP 4.99
Availability: ASOS (See also- my experience with ASOS)

Company Claims:
Hydrating lip balm by Carmex. Featuring a light formula enriched with vitamin E and Aloe, the lip balm intensely nourishes, while SPF 15 protects lips, the tinted balm leaves a subtle hint of colour and the slanted tip ensures for an easy application.
Available in 4 colors: Berry, Clear, Sheer peach, Sheer pink

Combine the hydrating & repairing powers of the Ultra Moisturising version and a little glossiness from the Moisturizing version along with some strong tint and viola - you have Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm. I’m sorry that my swatches don’t do justice to the color, I have the shade Berry & it gives a nice and strong reddish-coral tint to my lips. It doesn’t completely cover my pigmentation but my lips still look darn good.

The Carmex Moisture Plus lip balm is lightweight on the lips. It is the only tinted lip balm that works even when I stay in AC whole day, i.e it keeps my lips soft and hydrated and actually sticks to my lips instead of getting wiped off in an hour. Obviously it doesn’t survive meals, but after a meal if I forget to reapply a lip balm, I find that my lips still stay soft for a long time. It contains Aloe & Vitamin E which I feel really help in restoring the softness of lips. It has SPF 15 like all Carmex lip balms, which makes it useful all year around and especially in the scorching summers!

One negative is the packaging. It comes in dull beige a twist-up bullet. Frankly, it looks cheap & is quite flimsy! I dropped it once and the twist up doesn’t work properly now! The second con is that the tint tends to settle in lip lines, so if I have extremely dry & chapped lips, I apply another lip balm, let the cracks heal & then apply this one to keep them moisturized. On its own, it can heal cracked lips, it just doesn’t look as fetching on cracked lips!

the color is deeper off camera
Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm in Berry Review Lip Swatch FOTD

the color is deeper off camera
Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm in Berry Review Lip Swatch FOTD

Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm in Berry Review Lip Swatch FOTD

Overall Verdict: 5/5

Yes, I will repurchase it when I get a chance. It is one of the best drug store tinted lip balms I have tried. The Carmex Moisture Plus lip balm is lightweight, contains Vit E, Aloe & SPF 15. The shade Berry has a pigmented reddish-orange tint on my lips. It lasts for a relatively longer time on my lips and keeps them moisturised for a long time. Recommended!