L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in India in shade Milady(603) - Review, swatches, photos

Remember when I blogged about the latest beauty trends and launches here? I had mentioned lipstick-lipgloss hybrids launched in India. The L’Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Colors are the hottest hybrids at the moment! Why? Well just take a look at them! They will make the most stern shopper go weak kneed! Not only does it look like the ultimate lip accessory to have, its supposed to be a dupe of the YSL Glossy Stains. Now tell me you aren’t jumping up and down and yelling ‘take my money already!’ :P And yes, I’m absolutely guilty of falling head over heels for these beauties! I immediately picked up two of them and let me tell you it was hard deciding between the colors although the L’Oreal counter had just four shades. In the end I went for a vibrant pink and a lovely orchid color, although the orange one was tempting me(maybe next time you will be mine :P).

Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady and 604 Bella. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains

What L'Oreal Paris says:
Discover a stain that thinks it’s a gloss. Now hydration & shine meet lasting, lightweight color. Shine Caresse combines the power of a lip stain with lip-gloss luster. This next generation lip stain, formulated with a blend of light hydrating oils & concentrated pigments, delivers lasting color with a glossy finish. Packed with 30% water, Shine Caresse leaves lips soft, comfortable and hydrated for up to 6 hours.
Available in 7 shades in India.

Review of  L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady and 604 Bella. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains

Price: Rs.499
Qty: 6ml
Available at Nykaa, Amazon, Jabong
See my shopping experience with Nykaa HERE and Jabong HERE

Are these lip colors just pretty packaging or something more? Read on to find out!
The shades I purchased are Milady(603) and Bella(604) and today I will be reviewing Milady.

Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady and 604 Bella. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains

My take on L’Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Color in ‘Milady (603)’

The Packaging:

Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady- packaging

The Shine Caresse lip color is housed in a shiny gold tube with a little transparent band that allows a glimpse of the color within. It’s a beauty, you will love having this pretty tube in your collection! If you plan to own many of these tubes, you can easily locate a shade without having to read the cap for the name. 

Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady- packaging, bud shaped applicator. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains

Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady- packaging, bud shaped applicator. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains

The applicator is the cutest thing ever! The sponge tip is bud shaped, the centre has a little dip so that it can hold the product. The sponge tip of the applicator is the same color as the lip color, which is another small detail that L’Oreal has paid attention to. Its not just impressive looks here, the applicator is easy to use and precisely deposits color on the lips.

The Color:
In my opinion, Milady (603) is one of the most underrated colors in India. When I swatched it at the counter it looked like a milky lilac color, since I’m drawn to such shades I picked it up. In reality it is a wearable orchid color. After you swatch it, wait for a few seconds and see the color transform from a milky lilac to a unique orchid shade.

Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains. Swatches of Milady
Left: on first application, Right: after a few seconds. As you can see the color changes slightly
If you are planning to flaunt Pantone’s color of the year on your lips, Milady is the shade you should try. It’s quite wearble, even on deeper skintones; my sister is two shades darker than me (I’m medium skintoned) and its slightly more purple on her lips but looks great on her as well. As with all lippies, the color will vary from person to person, depending on your underlying lip color. 
Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains. Lip Swatches of Milady
Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains. Lip Swatches of Milady

Note that I have pigmented lips and hence the color will look slightly deeper on my lips. I have a fuchsia top that I love pairing with Milady because it brings out the bright pink tones in the lip color. However, the lip color is not completely opaque, but as you can see from the lip swatches it sort of covers my pigmented lips

The Texture:

Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains. Lip Swatches of Milady

The Shine Caresse Lip Colors are the most lightweight lip products I have used. When applied, it gives a slightly cooling feeling which fades away soon. It gives a lot of shine to the lips, something I’m not fond of actually, but then, the name warns you –‘Shine’ Caresse. Coming to the ‘caressing’ part, the lip color does feel very moisturizing, however it doesn’t give a long term hydration. It is very mildly sticky compared to a lip gloss. I think it’s a great formula, especially for summers- you’d prefer a lightweight lip gloss rather than a heavy lipstick drying out your lips.

Weartime:
The first time I wore Milady, I went to see a movie and by the time I was done with the popcorn, so was Milady(with my lips). It had worn off and left a very light mauve-y tint. So its safe to say that this won’t survive snacks or a meal. However it does last for a good four hours before it fades away leaving a light tint. For a lightweight lip color I think this is a good staying power, considering that thicker and stickier lip glosses stay for just 1-2 hours.

Overall Verdict: 4.9/5


Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains. Lip Swatches of Milady

Except for the low wear time, there’s nothing to dislike here. The L’Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Color has a beautiful packaging, a unique applicator and is reasonably priced. The color Milady is a unique orchid color and will look great on all skintones. The formula is lightweight and gives a glossy shine to the lips, its perfect for summers! I highly recommend L’Oreal Shine Caresse Lip Colors, you have to try them out!

Review of L'Oreal Paris Shine Caresse Lip Color in the shade 603 Milady and 604 Bella. Dupe of YSL Glossy Stains.