Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Tough as Taupe - Price, Review & Swatches

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com

I'm happy I got my hands on this.  I don't know why Maybelline didn't release such sober shades in India. I mean yeah, we are Indians and we are very colorful, but  like the rest of the world we go easy on our make up when we dress up for our jobs or colleges. It would have been so nice to have shades like beige,pink,dark green etc. available here. Oh well, enough brooding, let's get on to the review.
This a part of my Maybelline Haul from Singapore.


Cost- 15 SGD

Quantity- 4gm

My take on Tough as Taupe:

This is actually not my first eye shadow from this range. The first is Bold Gold, which was so bad it put me off this range. But I wanted a matte shadow and I wanted to give this one a try, I'm so happy I did.

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com


The packaging:-
Cute little glass jar/tub. Not travel friendly though. I haven't dropped it yet, but it doesn't look like it can withstand a lot of dropping.


The Color:-
Tough as Taupe is a grey taupe. It may look brown, but its not. When I put it on my eye lids it appears grey. I asked Pranita to scrutinize it under natural light and she said there are undertones of brown. But under artificial lighting I feel it looks only grey. Grey looks lovely on my eyes, something I've discovered after using this. And its a perfect color for smoky looks.

*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com


This is the picture after I have taken a few swipes of the product.

The texture:-
So smooth, so creamy...it glides like a dream. Its So much better than my Bold Gold, which applies patchily. I love applying it because i dont need to press too hard, or tug my eye lids. But this dries quickly on the lids, so if you want to blend it with other colors you have to work real quick, one eye at a time.

Long lasting or not?
Definitely long lasting. I have normal lids-not too oily,not too dry. I wore it for 9 hours. There was no creasing and just a little fading. I'm sorry but I don't want to test it for 24hrs on my eye lids, maybe I will one day when there's a party. However, I would like to add that I was mostly in an air-conditioned environment and went out into the sun only a few times. 


*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com

Swatches:-


Left:- In natural lighting, Right:- With flash 

Overall verdict:- 5/5. Love it!
I love wearing this shade with just a black eyeliner and mascara. The black and grey combination looks amazing. I haven't tried using this as a base over other shadows but when I do, I will update this post!


*UPDATE: mybeautyexpress is now crazybeautyland.blogspot.com