Online Shopping Experience, Review & Haul - Slassy.com

A few weeks ago when I was in college, (this was before I came home for New Year’s) I needed some things-make up products to be precise-urgently. I couldn’t help myself, and despite my feelings about online shopping I placed an order for them.  The online store that had most of the products I needed was Slassy.com, it was the only website that had the Maybelline Color Show nail polish  in the shade Porcelain Party which is a plain white shade.

Their url: www.slassy.com

 So I placed an order with them on 20th December and paid the money online.  Even after 5 days of placing the order, I had not received any notification about whether my order had been shipped, and when I checked online they had not yet shipped my order. I kept calling their number but I always got the message that the office hours were over. Finally on 26, I got a call from them informing me that Porcelain Party was not in stock and that’s why order had been stalled. I choose Coral Craze instead and they shipped my order on 27th and I received it on 28th. So overall the delivery was fast but they delayed it by a week which was obviously very frustrating for me. They should have informed me at the start, rather than at the end that they were waiting for the product. And why isn’t the number that they list on their website working?

I’ve previously ordered from Slassy.com, way back in July’13 and I didn’t face any such problems then. That time I was in Mumbai and the delivery time was 2 days. On both occasions they shipped through Aramex.

this is the box they sent...
the invoice
You can see that they sent everything in that rectangular cardboard box. An invoice was tapped on the back of the box and there was one more inside the box. I really didn’t like that they put those thermocol pieces inside the box rather than bubble wrapping everything.



What I ordered:
  •  Maybelline Hypercurl Volum Express Waterproof Mascara
  • Maybelline Color Show nail polishes in Coral Craze and Nude Skin
  • Vega Cuticle Trimmer and Pusher.

 Only the MNY Color Show nail polishes were bubble wrapped. :-(

Currently, Slassy.com is offering free shipping on orders worth Rs.499, which is lowest, comparing it to other online shopping websites.

Overall I liked the fast delivery and they just need to work on customer care and on updating their website. I always prefer DTDC courier service so if they add that also it would be a better experience for me.

Have you ever placed an order from Slassy.com? If yes, how did you find it? If you haven’t yet,do you plan to haul from them?

<<I know the pics are bad, I blame the weather!!>>